Palin's Insanity Deepends, Chapter....I lost count

Started by Queequeg, July 26, 2009, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

She clearly wasn't ready for prime time, and has crumbled as a result.  In hindsight she should've stayed out of national politics.

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on July 27, 2009, 12:40:20 AM
So? What right does she have to use him?   <_<
He's her property.  He would be his father's property, but it seems that his father is a brainless hick who has abdicated all authority to his wife.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on July 27, 2009, 08:32:47 AM
I don't know what to make of Palin anymore; but I don't really care much either. She seems basically a political light weight, but she has a fair amount of support. She also seems to be quite damaged goods having quit her governor's job, but she's heading in other directions anyway now. I'm sure that doesn't include running for President, more like becoming a spokes person for conservative ideas I guess, the speaking (money making) tours and all that as well.
:yes: I'd be shocked if she ever runs for political office again.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

She did a couple of interviews on energy related matters as governor before being picked as VP and came across as down to earth and very well informed. Maybe that was the only topic she could speak on intelligently, but something went haywire.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 27, 2009, 06:11:02 AM
So? What right does she have to use him?   <_<

Soldiers have been political tools ever since the first army was mustered.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quotebe wary of accepting government largess. It doesn't come free.

Meh everybody blabs about fiscal responsibility when they have no authority to do anyhting about it...then when they do they need to bribe all the Representatives and Senators and forget all about it.

Color me cynical.  Putting the Republicans back in power will do not one thing to help turn the government budget around, I am pretty much convinced the whole system will have to break down before anybody will lift a finger.

Heck, maybe not even then judging from California.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: alfred russel on July 27, 2009, 08:45:31 AM
She did a couple of interviews on energy related matters as governor before being picked as VP and came across as down to earth and very well informed. Maybe that was the only topic she could speak on intelligently, but something went haywire.
I would imagine the personality cult that grew up around her, telling her that she was the next Ronald Reagan might have had something to do with it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 27, 2009, 06:11:02 AM
You know that 18 of the ethic complaints were already dismissed in court as groundless?  It was all part of a "death by a million cuts" strategy by the Democrats.

I haven't conducted an in-depth analysis, but everything I have seen or read about these ethics charges suggests that Hans is correct and that the charges are politically driven.  This is not the only example, and both parties indulge in it.  I have some sympathy for Palin's position, because as a practical matter she faces the prospect of personal financial stress if she stays at her post.

By no means am I sad see her go, and the spectacle she has made of her resignation reinforces yet again her unfitness for any serious position in political life.  But that doesn't justify the dubious means used to attack her.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Quote from: Neil on July 27, 2009, 08:51:57 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 27, 2009, 08:45:31 AM
I would imagine the personality cult that grew up around her, telling her that she was the next Ronald Reagan might have had something to do with it.

Maybe that is part of it, but by the Katie Couric interview she had already lost the ability to speak coherently.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PDH

So my new idea is this: Whatever Spellus loves is wrong, whatever he hates is probably correct.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: PDH on July 27, 2009, 09:37:15 AM
So my new idea is this: Whatever Spellus loves is wrong, whatever he hates is probably correct.
He is a very angry young man. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on July 27, 2009, 09:37:15 AM

He is the Tim of the history set.

Tim squared. T2
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 09:38:18 AM
He is a very angry young man. :)

Thank god, he's not a black lesbian. We wouldn't even be able to stand the impact of his anger.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 27, 2009, 07:08:32 AM
I suspect Squeelus' hostility is rooted in family dynamics.
She has an Idaho accent, just like my (mostly awful) father's side of the family.  That's partially it.

In person, I swear to God I'm nowhere near this angry, except sometimes when dealing with my parents.  This is a valve.   
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."