News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas.

Started by Legbiter, December 25, 2023, 08:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Merry Christmas to all Languishbros near and far. May good food, good booze and heartfelt family occasions bless you all.  :uffda:  :cheers: 

Here's an Old English Christmas carol.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Admiral Yi

Merry Christmas.

I got Chinese take out for the first time.  I knew Chinese on Christmas was a Jewish thing, but my place was packed.  14 extended family members working instead of the usual 4.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Legbiter

Quote from: HVC on December 25, 2023, 08:39:59 PMMerry Christmas!

Oh, here's one for you Catholics as well... Old Norse is as far as this Lutheran can go.

Sheilbh

:lol: Went to a CofE Medieval carols service and that was the opening song (also a fun Erasure version). The vicar was also dressed as a monk.

It's a fairly Anglo-Catholic church but I did feel that was inappropriate cultural appropriation...Why don't we have monks, reverend? <_<

Merry Christmas.

Edit: In fairness it's a church with a great choir (went for a wedding) and they had a whole festival of carols - Benjamin Britten, German origin, Victorian (for a Dickens Christmas) and, I believe, appropriate costumes for the vicar each week.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 25, 2023, 08:53:06 PMIt's a fairly Anglo-Catholic church but I did feel that was inappropriate cultural appropriation...Why don't we have monks, reverend? <_<

Surprised they kept the expropriated robes after all these centuries :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Grey Fox

Merry Christmas. My kids and SO got COVID so it's been a boringly family affair.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

This hymn is a an old one from the 18th century and one I know as well as the back of my hand due to all my choral work.

Merry Christmas.  :thumbsup:

Josephus

Silent Night sung in Maltese by a pretty hot chick

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Merry Christmas my Languish friends! Onward to Year 21 of Languish
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Jacob

Merry Christmas to one and all :uffda: :cheers:

I have the Latin version of that Old Norse Christmas song on a CD somewhere :goodboy:

Syt

Merry Christmas. :)

For a Languish Christmas, what would be more appropriate than an analysis of how historically accurate and true to Dickens' story The Muppet Christmas Carol is? :P

(Seriously, it's a quite lovely video, and it's a lot more accurate than you might think :) )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC