News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The joys of multiculturalism

Started by Grallon, July 25, 2009, 08:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

A few weeks ago (june 30th) a car accident made the news in Canada; 3 sisters and their aunt drowned in Ontario after crashing.  People were moved by the distress of the Shafia family.

Three days ago the father, mother and brother of the victims were arrested on charges of murdering their daughters/sisters: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/07/23/canal-arrests023.html

---

QuoteThe father, mother and brother of three teenage girls from Montreal whose bodies were found in a submerged car in a Kingston, Ont., canal were charged Thursday with killing them and a woman believed to be the father's first wife.

Zainab Shafia, 19, Sahar Shafia, 17, and Geeti Shafia, 13, were found dead last month along with Rona Amir Mohammed, 50, in a submerged car at a Rideau Canal lock near Kingston.

Parents Mohammad Shafia and Tooba Mohammad Yehya and their son Hamid Mohammad Shafia, 18, have each been charged with four counts of first-degree murder and four counts of conspiracy to murder, Insp. Brian Begbie announced at a news conference at Kingston Police headquarters on Thursday.

The three, who live in the Montreal neighbourhood of St. Léonard, are being held in custody in Kingston while waiting for bail hearings.

The submerged black Nissan Sentra was discovered around 12:30 p.m. on June 30, the same day Mohammad Shafia went to the Kingston Police station to report that his daughters and a woman he said at the time was his cousin were missing, along with his vehicle. He was accompanied by his wife and son, said police.

Begbie said investigators have "cause to believe" the older woman found in the car was, in fact, Mohammad Shafia's first wife.

Police said that by the time the bodies were discovered, they had been in the water for as long as 12 hours.

The car's front end was up against the lock wall as if the vehicle had plunged in backward.

The father told police he discovered his car was missing after the family had stopped at a Kingston motel following a trip to Niagara Falls, Ont., the day before. The family had been travelling in two vehicles.

When they were told about the discovery of the submerged car, police said all three suspects spoke about their trip to Niagara Falls and Zainab's habit of taking the car without consent and without a driver's licence, a claim police say is untrue.

"Our investigation to date reveals that this allegation is false and that on the night in question, the Nissan was operated by a combination of the three accused persons," said Begbie.

Girls lived as 'Canadian teenagers'

...Police also said the son drove the family's second vehicle to Montreal in the early-morning hours of June 30 and returned to Kingston to accompany his parents to the police station. The couple have three more children — two daughters and a son — now in care of youth protection services in Montreal.

Both vehicles — the submerged Nissan and a Lexus SUV — are being examined by police, said Begbie.

Police said they are looking into whether the deaths were an "honour killing" — a tribal custom practiced in some parts of the world in which the majority of victims are women who are perceived to have brought shame to their family.

Kingston police Chief Stephen Tanner said he received an email from someone who is likely a relative of the family who claimed it was such a killing.

"That will form a part of the ongoing investigation," said Tanner. "There are family members in a variety of parts of the world and investigators will be following up with them.

"Whether that was a part of the motive within the family, based on one ... or more of the girls' behaviour is open to a little bit of speculation."

Tanner said the girls were living as "Canadian teenagers who have all the freedom and rights of expression of all Canadians."

Tarek Fatah, radio talk show host and founder of the Muslim Canadian Congress, said Tanner made a "very clear reference" to honour killings during the news conference when he discussed freedom of expression and the choices that young women in Canada, as Canadian citizens, have.

Imagine, the Kingston Police Chief felt the need to specify:

Quote...the girls were living as "Canadian teenagers who have all the freedom and rights of expression of all Canadians.

That an official needs to clarify this only shows how far we've come in the habit of catering to nonsensical superstitions though state policies... 

And we keep importing that kind of 'people' from the filthiest pits of the Third World. <_<

G.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Josephus

Quote from: Grallon on July 25, 2009, 08:26:19 AM

And we keep importing that kind of 'people' from the filthiest pits of the Third World. <_<

G.

What racist clap trap.

How often does this happen?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grallon

Quote from: Josephus on July 25, 2009, 08:28:33 AM

Call it racist all you want but one such incident is too much.  You do realize that where they come from this is acceptable practice yes? 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Cecil

Quote from: Grallon on July 25, 2009, 08:26:19 AM

G.

What racist clap trap.

Unfortunately its not that uncommon in these parts. Though its hard to measure exactly how common it is because of fear from being called a racist.

Neil

It's important to remember that Canada's tolerance is the only thing that is keeping gays from being murdered in the streets, and allowing treasonous talk from Quebec.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2009, 08:45:46 AM
It's important to remember that Canada's tolerance is the only thing that is keeping gays from being murdered in the streets, and allowing treasonous talk from Quebec.

Why don't you lay off your shtick for a while and offer some real comments.  <_<

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on July 25, 2009, 09:02:08 AM
Why don't you lay off your shtick for a while and offer some real comments.  <_<
The part about the homos was.  We tolerate third-world nonsense to the same degree that we tolerate homo nonsense, and for the same reasons.  We no longer attempt to define right and wrong.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

Neil is right, of course.

Although I like that treasonous talk what comes from quebec.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Threviel

Quote from: Grallon on July 25, 2009, 08:35:51 AM

Call it racist all you want but one such incident is too much.  You do realize that where they come from this is acceptable practice yes? 

G.

Show me one country where it is acceptable practice to destroy cars like that?

Barrister

:lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Quote from: Threviel on July 25, 2009, 11:04:04 AM

Show me one country where it is acceptable practice to destroy cars like that?

The good old US of A?

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

G.
:lmfao:
Pot, meet kettle. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Zanza

Quote from: Josephus on July 25, 2009, 08:28:33 AMHow often does this happen?
No idea about Canada, but honor killings by Muslims are certainly a problem in Germany (and the rest of Europe?). We had quite a few high profile cases over the last years. So it is not that uncommon.

DGuller

Who are we to say that our tradition of not killing unfaithful ex-wives is superior?

Valmy

What racist clap trap.

I do sort of enjoy the fact that insulting and having contempt for ones own culture makes one a leftist....but as soon as one insults and has contempt for another culture one is horribly prejudiced.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."