0 (0%)
1 (8.3%)
1 (8.3%)
1 (8.3%)
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Josquius

Take 2. Lets watch this fail again.

Its a parliamentary rather than a presidential election but who cares. Picking between context-free photos of old white guys is  fun.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Sheilbh

Some questionable facial hair experiments for political leaders, there :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2023, 04:24:50 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 11, 2023, 03:32:53 AMWhere are the women?

In the kitchen?
Exactly the reply I was thinking of making  :D

But yes. Even for a conservative country its a pretty shockingly male group- it seems a lot of this though is down to coalitions with women behind the lesser parties.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on October 11, 2023, 05:14:23 AMBut yes. Even for a conservative country its a pretty shockingly male group- it seems a lot of this though is down to coalitions with women behind the lesser parties.
Although at the minute that's true of most UK parties too - Labour, Tories, Lib Dems, SNP, Plaid plus Scottish and Welsh Labour and Tories. You'd need to go to the Greens who always have male and female co-leaders - or to Northern Ireland where Sinn Fein and Alliance have women leaders.
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Voted for Tusk. Not sure what his rep is in Poland but I appreciate his efforts on Britain's behalf during the brexit process (though the fucking Tories were too stupid to use his help of course).

frunk

Josquius

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 11, 2023, 06:58:47 AMVoted for Tusk. Not sure what his rep is in Poland but I appreciate his efforts on Britain's behalf during the brexit process (though the fucking Tories were too stupid to use his help of course).

Just read when fetching the photos for this.

QuoteA referendum is scheduled to happen in Poland on 15 October 2023, alongside nationwide elections to the Senate and Sejm.[1][2]

Four questions have been announced by members of the government from 11 to 14 August. Voters will be asked whether they approve of privatisation of state-owned enterprises, increase in the retirement age, admission of immigrants under the EU relocation mechanism and removal of the barrier on Poland's border with Belarus.[3][4][5]

Questions
The referendum will ask four questions:[5][6][2]

"Do you support the selling off of state assets to foreign entities, leading to the loss of Poles' control over strategic sectors of the economy?"[a]
"Do you support an increase in the retirement age, including the restoration of the increased retirement age to 67 for men and women?"
"Do you support the removal of the barrier on the border between the Republic of Poland and the Republic of Belarus?"[c]
"Do you support the admission of thousands of illegal immigrants from the Middle East and Africa, in accordance with the forced relocation mechanism imposed by the European bureaucracy?"
Proposed questions have been criticised by opposition parties and commentators as purportedly aimed at the opposition leader and former Prime Minister Donald Tusk.[7] The ruling Law and Justice party has been accused of inciting anti-immigrant sentiment to boost turnout among its voters on election day.[8] The law has been changed shortly before the announcement of the referendum to allow it to be held on the same day as the parliamentary election.[9] Two of the four questions (the first and last) were also phrased as leading or loaded.

:bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Admiral Yi

Mr Chrome and Glass.  next to last

celedhring

The only candidate that looks somewhat fun is the tech dudebro, but I expect he'll have some insane politics so I went for the safe option of Donald Tusk.

crazy canuck

Some PR person thought it was a good idea not to tell the first guy to shave whatever that is before his photo was taken.  Seems there is some market share to be taken by an enterprising competent firm.

null vote. The least offensive candidate is tea cup guy.  But it looks like he wants to strangle somebody.

Josquius

Guy number 3 has a naughty secret.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Results not finished coming in but vibes are good.  :cheers:
██████
██████
██████