0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (8.3%)
1 (8.3%)
1 (8.3%)
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Barrister

I know PiS and Kaczyński have flirted with authoritarianism, but given how strong they have been on Ukraine (other than wheat) I'm a little sad to see them leave.  I know Tusk hasn't said he'd stop supporting Ukraine or anything, but still...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on October 17, 2023, 04:03:35 PMAlways worth a disclaimer that correlation doesn't equal causation and all that - the famous relationship between a decline in pirates and global warming for instance.
It's fun and interesting but i imagine there are lots of things that don't link up to the borders.

Though it is a curious thought that maybe it's down to buildings and the built environment in which people grow up and live impacting people as much as we impact our environment.
Those people in the rural east without indoor toilets venting their frustration over icy January shits at immigrants. :hmm:
:lol: Sure so I don't think it is "culture" or anything quite like that.

But to the extent borders mark different legal codes, different economic structures and systems, possibly supported by, say, inheritance rules as well as levels of public services and wider built environment/development - then I think they will have a development in politics. Because I think those sort of things are the drivers of 90% of politics.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Poland isn't the England of the 50s Josqs, everyone has indoor toilets I am sure. :p

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on October 17, 2023, 06:48:13 PMPoland isn't the England of the 50s Josqs, everyone has indoor toilets I am sure. :p
number 3 on the twitter thread.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2023, 04:23:34 PMI know PiS and Kaczyński have flirted with authoritarianism, but given how strong they have been on Ukraine (other than wheat) I'm a little sad to see them leave.  I know Tusk hasn't said he'd stop supporting Ukraine or anything, but still...

They've done a lot more than flirt. They've taken it out for steak and a movie and got to third base at the back of the cinema.

I'm not sure that they are so supportive of Ukraine right now...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66873495

Tamas

Yeah BB, Kaxczynski  very enthusiastically tried to copy Orban's playbook, he was just too impatient and wanted it quicker than he did, plus the EU and his own populace smarted up after seeing Hungary.