News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

20 years of Languishing

Started by garbon, September 20, 2023, 06:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Savonarola on September 22, 2023, 02:23:25 PMI enjoy reading my old posts.  They remind me of the time before the humiliating treaty of Neerlandida; before I led the 32 rebellions against the government and lost all of them; before fathered 17 sons with 17 different women and before I faced the firing squad; experiences which have left me the bitter shell of a man that I am today.

In any event here's to another 20 years :cheers:

You ARE old. :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 21, 2023, 03:34:12 PMI spoke to KainShinra once or twice on Reddit

KanShinra was a metal fan, right? He had a band with Carolus Rex?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on September 22, 2023, 04:34:55 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 22, 2023, 04:27:29 PMShitgoat, IIRC
Yeah, that's it.

Comte Largent was not great a fan of that band, if I remember correctly.  :D

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2023, 04:40:56 PMGraf von Geld.

Thanks. (And how is that(Me being still none the wiser))  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Count de Money.

Really mongers.  Tsk tsk

Savonarola

Quote from: Josephus on September 22, 2023, 04:22:42 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on September 22, 2023, 02:23:25 PMI enjoy reading my old posts.  They remind me of the time before the humiliating treaty of Neerlandida; before I led the 32 rebellions against the government and lost all of them; before fathered 17 sons with 17 different women and before I faced the firing squad; experiences which have left me the bitter shell of a man that I am today.

In any event here's to another 20 years :cheers:

You ARE old. :lol:

And I still haven't gotten my pension.  :(

;)

I am surprised so many posters wouldn't go back and read their old posts.  I do from time to time, I like to see what I was up to and what was going on in the world.  (It probably helps that in the previous incarnation of this forum I had been set straight a few times about the cellular industry and electrical engineering.  That helped me to realize that the world and this forum could live without my expert opinion on all subjects. ;) )
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 21, 2023, 03:34:12 PMCaptain Carrot

I spoke to KainShinra once or twice on Reddit

Oh lord, I forgot about the sock saga (Captain Carrot was me until I got tired of the confusion between me and Ironfoundersson and rebranded with a nick from a comics project that never took off).

Was supposed to be the one making Shit Goat a trio, but turned out I was just way, way, way too easily embarrassed. Still in touch with Kain, who came out as "her" a few years ago and has been married for a year or two now- last time I saw her in person was at my wedding almost 5 years ago.

Kain was actually the one who brought me in to KAPland, and after we joined (mostly to make the mod elections more "interesting"- IIRC, we were mostly brigading to boost Saskganesh's poll results), I tried for a while to get her more active here on Languish without much success.
Experience bij!

Jacob

KAPland elections were probably my single most favourite part of EUOT - KAPland - Languish. Great times :nostalgia:

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on September 24, 2023, 11:46:06 PMKAPland elections were probably my single most favourite part of EUOT - KAPland - Languish. Great times :nostalgia:

This is your reminder that I am STILL the President of Languish OT (aka POLOT) until another President is elected to replace me...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

barkdreg

It might be many years ago but I still fondly remember the KAPland antics.
Was a less of a lurker over there.