News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

:lol:
Suddenly I'm hit by a feeling of glorious nostalgia for the days of new grounds when this would have been made into a real flash game.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

RFK Jr drops out and endorses Trump. Jesus Christ.  :bleeding:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2024, 01:07:48 PMRFK Jr drops out and endorses Trump. Jesus Christ.  :bleeding:

Who is the median RFK voter?  :hmm: Where is his market niche so to speak?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on August 24, 2024, 01:15:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2024, 01:07:48 PMRFK Jr drops out and endorses Trump. Jesus Christ.  :bleeding:

Anti-vaccine, crunchy hippies, and people who just hate the main two parties and will vote for whomever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2024, 01:16:46 PM

Anti-vaccine, crunchy hippies, and people who just hate the main two parties and will vote for whomever.

I don't understand why they would listen to him and vote for Trump.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2024, 01:55:28 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2024, 01:16:46 PM

I don't understand why they would listen to him and vote for Trump.

I think only the conspiracy types will...depending on their exact conspiracy I guess.

I had a low opinion of RFK, but I thought at least he really seems to care about his environmentalism stuff even if it went off in hippie and conspiracy theory directions...but it seems it was all bullshit. I can't even trust delusional people to be true to their stated principles in politics.

So even by the low opinion I had of him, this is disappointing. He was just a corrupt grifter after all.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2024, 01:55:28 PMI don't understand why they would listen to him and vote for Trump.
I've always thought that RFK probably hurts Trump more than anyone else because there's some degree or overlap. The Roseanne Barr voter if you will :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 24, 2024, 03:00:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2024, 01:55:28 PMI don't understand why they would listen to him and vote for Trump.
I've always thought that RFK probably hurts Trump more than anyone else because there's some degree or overlap. The Roseanne Barr voter if you will :bleeding:

I guess it depends on why you were supporting him. If it was because you didn't want to vote for either main party, Trump doesn't become more appealing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Maybe but I think Trump has been able to attract a fair bit of "plague on both their houses"/anti-politics support (and you know, the businessperson from outside politics coming in to fix government seems like a recurring American theme as an idea that Trump could tap into) - or at least he was able to do that.

Perhaps, ironically, as the GOP moulded itself more in Trump's image and acquiesced more, it's made Trump seem less disruptive and so appeal less to those voters? He is just the main GOP politician now.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 24, 2024, 03:18:19 PMMaybe but I think Trump has been able to attract a fair bit of "plague on both their houses"/anti-politics support (and you know, the businessperson from outside politics coming in to fix government seems like a recurring American theme as an idea that Trump could tap into) - or at least he was able to do that.

Perhaps, ironically, as the GOP moulded itself more in Trump's image and acquiesced more, it's made Trump seem less disruptive and so appeal less to those voters? He is just the main GOP politician now.

Yeah I'm not sure how a former president, whose party still loves him, can credibly be seen as an outsider.

Josquius

Logically so. But you know how trumpies are.
Despite Trump being corrupt as hell and the most firmly establishment president in a long time they still see him as some great outsider looking to fight for the common man.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2024, 02:24:03 PMI think only the conspiracy types will...depending on their exact conspiracy I guess.

I had a low opinion of RFK, but I thought at least he really seems to care about his environmentalism stuff even if it went off in hippie and conspiracy theory directions...but it seems it was all bullshit. I can't even trust delusional people to be true to their stated principles in politics.

So even by the low opinion I had of him, this is disappointing. He was just a corrupt grifter after all.

His main backer was Trump's main financial backer.  What did you expect? :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.