And we're back!

Main Menu

Is the Obama Administration Over?

Started by Faeelin, July 24, 2009, 08:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Quote from: Neil on July 24, 2009, 08:22:23 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 24, 2009, 08:21:04 AM
The Dem's should have lost this election.
Instead, they reelected Carter, and now have ensured that the Republicans will win the next few elections.
No. The Republicans are wedded to Caribou Barbie. Their electoral chances for the next ten years are slim to nil.

Caliga

Quote from: Fate on July 24, 2009, 08:21:23 AM
Let's look at one of Biden's pet theories in hindsight. Would Iraq be a better place today if it were partitioned into three regions?
Yes, and in fact that's how it's eventually going to wind up, whether we like it or not.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Fate on July 24, 2009, 08:23:28 AM
Quote from: Neil on July 24, 2009, 08:22:23 AM
Instead, they reelected Carter, and now have ensured that the Republicans will win the next few elections.
No. The Republicans are wedded to Caribou Barbie. Their electoral chances for the next ten years are slim to nil.
I rather doubt it.  Even so, she could probably beat Obama.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on July 24, 2009, 08:19:21 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:10:05 AM
:yes: I've been saying for quite some time that the Republic will fall shortly, probably within a generation or two. :)
Democracy is inherently unsound.

I agree with you 100 per cent. And American democracy with its "scratch my back, and I'll scratch you back," style of governing is increasingly unsound.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:26:37 AM
Quote from: Fate on July 24, 2009, 08:21:23 AM
Let's look at one of Biden's pet theories in hindsight. Would Iraq be a better place today if it were partitioned into three regions?
Yes, and in fact that's how it's eventually going to wind up, whether we like it or not.
I rather doubt it, so long as Turkey is willing to use force to prevent the existance of Kurdistan.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Huh?  There was no way in hell the Dems were going to lose this past election.  The Democrats could have run Hitler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

@ Neil
What makes you think all three regions will actually be independent? :ph34r:

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2009, 08:30:20 AM

Huh?  There was no way in hell the Dems were going to lose this past election.  The Democrats could have run Hitler.

He was already taken, though. :lmfao:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on July 24, 2009, 08:21:47 AM
I don't see how democrats will be able to look voters in the eye if nothing passes.

Never stopped them in the past!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:30:46 AM
@ Neil
What makes you think all three regions will actually be independent? :ph34r:
Do you really think that Turkey would want to conquer Kurdistan?  Why add more Kurds?

No, they will do everything in their power to ensure that Iraq stays together.

Savonarola

Quote from: Faeelin on July 24, 2009, 08:04:42 AM
So, his approval ratings are down around 55%,

All presidents suffer a dip in their approval ratings during their first year.  It's part of the transition from being a candidate to being a president.  This won't make him an ineffective president.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Fate

Quote from: Savonarola on July 24, 2009, 08:35:31 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on July 24, 2009, 08:04:42 AM
So, his approval ratings are down around 55%,

All presidents suffer a dip in their approval ratings during their first year.  It's part of the transition from being a candidate to being a president.  This won't make him an ineffective president.

Are you sure? Matt Drudge overlapped the graphs of Carter and Obama approval ratings and I swear the sky started falling.  :cry:

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Is it 2012 already? No? Then no, it's not.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Neil on July 24, 2009, 08:32:14 AM
Do you really think that Turkey would want to conquer Kurdistan?  Why add more Kurds?
Yes, and who said anything about 'adding' Kurds? :menace:

The Turks have a way with minorities.... eh, Spellus?  :cool: