News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

BREAKING NEWS! Corruption in New Jersey!

Started by DGuller, July 23, 2009, 09:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/23/new.jersey.arrests/
QuoteMayors, rabbis arrested in corruption probe

(CNN) -- About 30 people, including some New Jersey mayors and several rabbis, were arrested Thursday in a federal investigation of public corruption, the U.S. attorney's office in Newark, New Jersey, said.

The probe also involves a "high-volume, international money-laundering conspiracy," according to a statement from the office.

Among those arrested in the public corruption portion of the investigation are Hoboken Mayor Peter Cammarano III, Secaucus Mayor Dennis Elwell, New Jersey Assemblyman Daniel Van Pelt and Leona Beldini, a Jersey City deputy mayor.

Several rabbis in New York and New Jersey also were arrested in connection with the money-laundering portion of the investigation.

A news conference is planned for around noon ET, with federal court appearances to start about 2 p.m., officials said.

Cammarano, a former city councilman at large in Hoboken, was elected mayor in June and inaugurated July 1.

According to his campaign Web site, he pledged to "lower taxes, reform government and deliver real change for Hoboken."

Valmy

Rabbis are corrupt?!  Damn there goes the last bit of my innocence.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2009, 09:52:04 AM

In New Jersey, even the Rabbis are on the take.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on July 23, 2009, 09:50:43 AM
Peter Cammarano III,
Nobody with an Italian surname could possibly be corrupt! :o
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2009, 09:52:04 AM
Just the Jewish ones.

Faeelin

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day when people are arrested for corruption in New Jersey.

Caliga

I honestly think the Mafia could probably run Jersey better than the legitimate government does.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on July 23, 2009, 09:58:12 AM
I honestly think the Mafia could probably run Jersey better than the legitimate government does.

You mean the mafia doesn't run New Jersey?  :huh:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on July 23, 2009, 09:52:44 AM
In New Jersey, even the Rabbis are on the take.  :lol:

'Well...perhaps the Torah can say I can drive on Saturday if I leave this bag of cash on the table here'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

We need a US specific failed state index.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on July 23, 2009, 09:59:35 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 23, 2009, 09:58:12 AM

You mean the mafia doesn't run New Jersey?  :huh:
I'm saying we ought to just legitimize it and do away with the 'official' government as being wasteful and redundant.  Replace the 'Governor' position with the 'Boss' position and all that. :)

Slargos

Jews running financial crime and organ harvesting? Say it ain't so!  :P

Caliga

In my head, these rabbis look like either Gene Hackman's portrayal of Lex Luthor or the Marty Krugman character from Goodfellas.

KRonn

This is a pretty huge affair! All kinds of corruption, illegalities, by some very respected people. Illegal trafficking in kidneys, buying them from poor people over seas, and selling them for huge profits. All kinds of stuff; this is nasty and so many people involved!