Main Menu

Dead pool 2022

Started by Rex Francorum, December 27, 2021, 10:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Coolio is dead. He was 59, way past 24.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 28, 2022, 09:58:02 PMCoolio is dead. He was 59, way past 24.
One of the few rappers I knew a song of.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Solmyr

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Solmyr on October 14, 2022, 12:13:44 PMRIP Robbie Coltrane :(

More depressing still is to hear Sky News describe him as the harry poster star.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on October 14, 2022, 03:10:37 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on October 14, 2022, 12:13:44 PMRIP Robbie Coltrane :(

More depressing still is to hear Sky News describe him as the harry poster star.

:huh:

Going through his IMDB it is by far the biggest role he ever played.

Don't get me wrong he had a wonderful career as a character actor, but what else would he be best-known for?  Baddie in a couple of James Bond movies from the 90s?  A small role in Ocean's Twelve? 

Even in later years he continued to voice Hagrid in video games and the like.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

My impression is that Coltrane was well-known in the UK for his comedy, not his film roles.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

Yeah, he was a household name well before the Harry Potter stuff.

mongers

Jerry Lee Lewis RIP.

:sad:

That was one hell of a life to lead.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on October 28, 2022, 09:56:00 PMJerry Lee Lewis RIP.

One of those, "wait, he was still alive?" dead guys.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2022, 05:38:58 AM

Same, but frist i went "Jerry Lewis died?", then i remember he died years ago, quickly followed up by "oh That jerry lee lewis"
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2022, 05:38:58 AM

Most definitely.
PDH!

The Larch

Takeoff, from the band Migos, has died in a shooting in Houston.

QuoteMigos: Takeoff shot dead in Houston aged 28
The Georgia rapper was known for creating hits such as Versace and Bad and Boujee alongside fellow rappers Quavo and Offset

Takeoff, the third member of Migos alongside the rappers Quavo and Offset, has died. The 28-year-old rapper, real name Kirshnik Khari Ball, was fatally shot at a bowling alley in Houston where he and Quavo were playing dice around 2.30am; Takeoff was pronounced dead at the scene. Two other people on the premises were shot and taken to hospital while Quavo was unharmed. TMZ first reported the news, which was later confirmed by a local Houston outlet, this morning.

The Larch

Singer Aaron Carter, dead at 34.