News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead pool 2022

Started by Rex Francorum, December 27, 2021, 10:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

96. Almost made it to her centennial
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on September 08, 2022, 12:57:04 PM96. Almost made it to her centennial

I was convinced she'd outlive her mother, who made it to 102.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

She seemed to have taken a bit of a turn after her husband passed. Don't know if the harry Meghan parade had any effect, but some in the media will no doubt claim it did.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Jean Luc Godard has passed away at 91.

Barrister

RIP Kenneth Starr.  His claim to fame was being the independent counsel who investigated Bill Clinton in the 90s, leading to Clinton's impeachment.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on September 13, 2022, 04:01:23 PMRIP Kenneth Starr.  His claim to fame was being the independent counsel who investigated Bill Clinton in the 90s, leading to Clinton's impeachment.
He died on National "Bald is Beautiful day"  How Ironic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on September 13, 2022, 06:17:30 PMHe died on National "Bald is Beautiful day"  How Ironic.

Somebody has a new calendar.

Josquius

Quote from: Josquius on December 27, 2021, 11:38:58 AMThe Queen.
And to counterbalance likely but terrible - Trump.

In for a penny....
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: The Larch on September 13, 2022, 06:28:49 AMJean Luc Godard has passed away at 91.

After talking today with my father (who just turned 70) about Godard's passing he mentioned that all the Nouvelle Vague directors and most of the related actors that he used to watch in his youth are dead already. Out of morbid curiosity I went to check it and indeed Godard was the last of the Nouvelle Vague directors still alive, and also most of their big name actors are dead as well, with the exception of Brigitte Bardot and Catherine Deneuve.

I then went on to check the people from the New Hollywood era and jeez, the next decade or so is going to be a bloodbath. Clint Eastwood and Gene Hackman are 92, Woody Allen is 86, Jack Nicholson and Warren Beatty are 85, Coppola and Harvey Keitel are 83, Faye Dunaway is 81, Barbra Streisand is 80, and I'm not counting the lot of them who are in their 70s.

crazy canuck

Of that list Hackman would be the biggest blow for me - he seemed to pop up in a lot of the movies I enjoyed the most.  I can't bring myself to think about him as an old man now.  But I am now likely older than he was when he made the movies I liked best.  Getting old sucks.

grumbler

I like Clint Eastwood as a director as much as I like him as an actor, so his death is going to hit me pretty hard - he hasn't retired and his death will rob us of more of his work.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on September 14, 2022, 12:05:10 PMI like Clint Eastwood as a director as much as I like him as an actor, so his death is going to hit me pretty hard - he hasn't retired and his death will rob us of more of his work.

That is a good point.  I change my answer to both Hackman and Eastwood  :)

The Larch

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 14, 2022, 12:32:42 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 14, 2022, 12:05:10 PMI like Clint Eastwood as a director as much as I like him as an actor, so his death is going to hit me pretty hard - he hasn't retired and his death will rob us of more of his work.

The two 92 y.o.  :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Larch on September 14, 2022, 12:49:54 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 14, 2022, 12:32:42 PM

The two 92 y.o.  :P

Get off my lawn kid  :mad: