News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead pool 2022

Started by Rex Francorum, December 27, 2021, 10:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on August 08, 2022, 03:02:43 PMAdd Olivia Newton-John to the list.

Nooooooooo. This makes me very sad. I know she's been sick for a while.
She was my first crush. Totally dug her Sandy in Grease back when I was 12
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

It seems that soon Anne Heche will get added to the list.

QuoteAnne Heche 'not expected to survive' car crash, actor's family says
The US actor will be taken off life support after it is determined if her organs are viable for donation, following a severe collision that left her car in flames

The family of Anne Heche say the US actor is "not expected to survive" a severe collision that left her vehicle engulfed in flames last Friday.

In a statement, Heche's family said through a representative that she had suffered "a severe anoxic brain injury" and was now being kept on life support to determine whether her organs were viable for donation.

The family said it had "long been her choice" to donate her organs.

"We want to thank everyone for their kind wishes and prayers for Anne's recovery and thank the dedicated staff and wonderful nurses that cared for Anne at the Grossman Burn Center at West Hills hospital," the statement read.

"Unfortunately, due to her accident, Anne Heche suffered a severe anoxic brain injury and remains in a coma, in critical condition. She is not expected to survive."

On Thursday, police told CNN that they were investigating whether Heche was impaired at time of the incident following a blood draw but that "additional testing is required to rule out any substances that were administered in the hospital", officer Annie Hernandez said.

Heche crashed her car into a house in the Mar Vista area of Los Angeles, near her own home, at speed on Friday. The collision caused a fire that took an hour to extinguish, according to reports.

The occupant of the house escaped without injury; neighbours told Fox News that the car had ploughed right through the house. "The windows were broken, so I opened the back door of the car. [Heche] answered and said she was not OK, so that was tough. I know they didn't get her out of the car until the fire was pretty much put out."

Heche, 53, is known for her work on films including the remake of Psycho, Donnie Brasco and Cedar Rapids.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on August 08, 2022, 03:18:51 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 08, 2022, 03:02:43 PMAdd Olivia Newton-John to the list.

Nooooooooo. This makes me very sad. I know she's been sick for a while.
She was my first crush. Totally dug her Sandy in Grease back when I was 12

Rewatched Xanadu the other night, as a tribute.
RIP

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on August 12, 2022, 05:12:36 AMIt seems that soon Anne Heche will get added to the list.
It's done, now. :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

The scientist James Lovelock died recently. :-(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

QuoteWolfgang Petersen, director of Das Boot and Air Force One, dies aged 81

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on August 16, 2022, 02:55:38 PM

RIP

Being remembered for Air Force One? :(

Neverending Story please.

Josephus

Das Boot was great...But Das Boobs.....
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 16, 2022, 02:57:44 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 16, 2022, 02:55:38 PM

RIP

Being remembered for Air Force One? :(

Neverending Story please.

Remembered for one of the greatest war films ever...and a mediocre action film.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on August 30, 2022, 03:50:15 PMAnyone pick Gorby?

That one is truly one for the history books.

Josephus

Gutted to hear about the death of Peter Straub, one of my favourite horror novelists: Shadowland, Ghost Story, Koko...all great books. :-(
Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

Popular pick, the queen

Eddie, Josquis, Yi, me, and Viper +1
Civis Romanus Sum