And we're back!

Main Menu

History Trivia Thread Reducks

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandru H.

Eddie Teach

Yeah. AKA Roncesvalles en espanol.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Alexandru H.

What black african realm has the honour of being part of a selected group of states, that include China, Carthage or Wales and what is the defining factor that made it possible to include it in that group?

Viking

Quote from: Alexandru H. on November 02, 2009, 11:05:13 AM
What black african realm has the honour of being part of a selected group of states, that include China, Carthage or Wales and what is the defining factor that made it possible to include it in that group?

Great Zimbabwe, having a city.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Alexandru H.

Quote from: Viking on November 02, 2009, 11:09:11 AM
Quote from: Alexandru H. on November 02, 2009, 11:05:13 AM

Great Zimbabwe, having a city.

:P Nope

Eddie Teach

Viking

Mali, Rumoured to have discovered America Before Columbus?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

Yeah, there are legends of transoceanic voyages, and in the case of Mali it was Mansa Musa I who supposedly ordered the exploratory voyages?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Alexandru H.

Correct. Mali Empire. And the interesting fact is that its ruler, Abubakari II (Mansa Musa was only interested in spending gold in Cairo) went in person towards the New World.

Viking

Her name was Hypatia. What was the honour given to the leader of the mob that tore her limb from limb?

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on November 02, 2009, 03:57:39 PM
Her name was Hypatia. What was the honour given to the leader of the mob that tore her limb from limb?

Sainthood?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on November 02, 2009, 04:13:15 PM

Sainthood?

Ding Ding, you have the floor.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on November 02, 2009, 04:16:00 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 02, 2009, 04:13:15 PM

Sainthood?

Ding Ding, you have the floor.

It's a dirty floor I don't want it.  Floor is open.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

There is a substantial Mennonite community in Chihuahua, Mexico that was settled around the turn of the 20th century by Mennonites fleeing Canada because they feared they were going to be forced to stop speaking/educating their children in Plattdeutsch.

The Mexican government agreed to give them substantial land grants and leave them alone in terms of education/language under the condition that they provide what service to the Mexican people, which they are still famous for providing to this day?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Crafting combo sombrero/dipping cups?