News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 3

Started by Syt, May 21, 2021, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

It is a very ambitious game; really looking forward to playing it but also expecting problems of one sort or another.

I'll give them my money from the get-go just for trying  :cool:

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 29, 2022, 04:22:17 AMIt is a very ambitious game; really looking forward to playing it but also expecting problems of one sort or another.

Yeah same.

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on August 28, 2022, 01:41:35 PMI'm predicting early November.

...presumably the 11th.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on August 29, 2022, 05:44:41 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 29, 2022, 04:22:17 AMIt is a very ambitious game; really looking forward to playing it but also expecting problems of one sort or another.

Yeah same.

ditto

Crazy_Ivan80

I'm still undecided. What I've seen looks really good, but on the other hand: I play pdox games far less than I used to.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

25th October. Later than I hoped but not too bad.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

:lol: Yes.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

I am peeking into parts of this 4-hour gameplay recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDPdWMTCFcM

Looks pretty cool to be honest, I hope it will be at superficially balanced with a not totally braindead AI. :)

Habbaku

I've already got a small group (5, at current) committed to a multiplayer session. You could join us. :sleep:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on August 30, 2022, 02:56:56 PMI've already got a small group (5, at current) committed to a multiplayer session. You could join us. :sleep:

Tempting thanks, but I don't think the timezone will work out much.

At the end of the stream you can see the war AI needs work... They as Netherlands attacked Belgium to show how that works, and due to the diplomatic mini-game Russia supported them. SO the Belgium AI decided to land its army in Perm while the Dutch moved in to Belgium pretty much unopposed. :pinch:

Habbaku

We'd typically start around midnight your time, so I don't see the problem!

-J. R. R. Tolkien