News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 3

Started by Syt, May 21, 2021, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 30, 2022, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 30, 2022, 02:56:56 PMI've already got a small group (5, at current) committed to a multiplayer session. You could join us. :sleep:

Tempting thanks, but I don't think the timezone will work out much.

At the end of the stream you can see the war AI needs work... They as Netherlands attacked Belgium to show how that works, and due to the diplomatic mini-game Russia supported them. SO the Belgium AI decided to land its army in Perm while the Dutch moved in to Belgium pretty much unopposed. :pinch:

Sounds like the standard Paradox AI. What's not to love?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2022, 03:24:17 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 30, 2022, 02:56:56 PMI've already got a small group (5, at current) committed to a multiplayer session. You could join us. :sleep:

At the end of the stream you can see the war AI needs work... They as Netherlands attacked Belgium to show how that works, and due to the diplomatic mini-game Russia supported them. SO the Belgium AI decided to land its army in Perm while the Dutch moved in to Belgium pretty much unopposed. :pinch:

Sounds like the standard Belgian AI. What's not to love?

fyp  :P

Sheilbh

Via Twitter from an earlier build of the AI - and I don't hate it :ph34r:

(Jos is still trapped in a country no doubt run by Tories :lol:)
Let's bomb Russia!

Solmyr

FunkMonk

Apparently this will be on Game Pass PC on release so I guess I'll pay $0 and play this for many, many hours.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

All these places with discounts seem to want my data before they will sell to me.  No thanks.  I already get enough spam. I'll spend my money elsewhere, even if its a bit more expensive.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 30, 2022, 05:01:44 PMApparently this will be on Game Pass PC on release so I guess I'll pay $0 and play this for many, many hours.

That doesn't appear in line with what paradox said on their forum.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/victoria-3-on-steam.1540234/

QuoteThe game will be a Steam exclusive at the release - after discussion with our partners it was decided that Victoria 3 won't be a part of Game Pass or Microsoft Store
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

It's a special AI operation

Valmy

Granted my knowledge of this is based on playing EU but isn't Perm in the middle of the Eurasian landmass? How did they land their troops there?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Syt

There's also a very good browser plugin that will let you browse Steam and give you links to discounted sites, lowest price for the product, add more filters to the store etc.

https://augmentedsteam.com/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2022, 09:55:28 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 30, 2022, 05:01:44 PMApparently this will be on Game Pass PC on release so I guess I'll pay $0 and play this for many, many hours.

That doesn't appear in line with what paradox said on their forum.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/victoria-3-on-steam.1540234/

QuoteThe game will be a Steam exclusive at the release - after discussion with our partners it was decided that Victoria 3 won't be a part of Game Pass or Microsoft Store

:(

I'll just let everyone else beta test this out for me then
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Interesting thread, quite promising and seemingly delivering the internal focus I was hoping for, but also clearly a lot of room for improvement (as expected): https://www.reddit.com/r/victoria3/comments/x1qom2/i_got_to_play_victoria_3_for_over_70_hours_ama

crazy canuck

Great read, thanks!  Sounds very promising-including the fact the AI is not yet in final form, so less concern about it invading Perm with this build.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 31, 2022, 09:26:34 AMGreat read, thanks!  Sounds very promising-including the fact the AI is not yet in final form, so less concern about it invading Perm with this build.

Why are you all acting like we don't know how this story plays out?