News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 12, 2021, 11:56:04 AM
We are talking about Scotland today.  You might be aware of the  separatist movement there at the moment.
I don't think it's linked. Scotland have always wanted England to lose games for decades - it pre-dates widespread support for independence. It's just geography and size.

From a Scottish perspective what's almost worse is that a lot of English people hope Scotland do well in tournaments - which is almost a little bit patronising :lol: But England don't really see Scotland as a major risk in a tournament so it's a bigger rivalry from Scotland than from England (a bit like Germany-England, I think - big in England, not important because in Germany because generally the English lose).
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Swedish Hawaiian Pizza ftw.
Pineapple AND banana.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 12, 2021, 11:53:37 AM
I'm hoping the Italians are in on the joke, that way all parties can have a laugh about a fairly innocent bit of trolling.

I think they are - at least some of them. I saw a photo of an Italian supporter at Wembley with a sign saying "stop putting pineapple on pizza" :D

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on July 12, 2021, 12:11:30 PM
Pineapple AND banana.

Since when did Sweden have bananas?  :huh:

Jacob

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 12, 2021, 12:24:06 PM
Pineapple AND banana.

In the old days there used to be a boat putting in at Malmø once a month, loaded full of bananas for the Swedes to eat. Now, with the existence of bridges and the European Union they have banana trucks arriving at least once a week if not even more frequently.

Barrister

I'm going to stand up for pineapple on pizza.  Though it's not my usual order, it's fine - good even.  The sour-sweetness of the pineapple contrasts nicely with the overwhise salty and savoury taste of the pizza.

As pointed out the Italians will put just about anything on a pizza - so why not pineapple?

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.  Next up - why it's acceptable to eat pizza with a knife and fork.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2021, 12:36:59 PM
I'm going to stand up for pineapple on pizza.  Though it's not my usual order, it's fine - good even.  The sour-sweetness of the pineapple contrasts nicely with the overwhise salty and savoury taste of the pizza.

As pointed out the Italians will put just about anything on a pizza - so why not pineapple?

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.  Next up - why it's acceptable to eat pizza with a knife and fork.

:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on July 12, 2021, 12:30:40 PM
Pineapple AND banana.

In the old days there used to be a boat putting in at Malmø once a month, loaded full of bananas for the Swedes to eat. Now, with the existence of bridges and the European Union they have banana trucks arriving at least once a week if not even more frequently.

Alright, lay on the sarcasm...but don't complain if I put poutine on a pizza with pineapple and call it American-Hawaiian pizza.  :mad:

Threviel

Pineapple AND banana.

That's the first time I've heard about that. Did you have bananas on your Hawaii pizza?

Now, bananas and curry pizza, that is good shit.

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 12, 2021, 12:42:32 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 12, 2021, 12:30:40 PM
Pineapple AND banana.

Alright, lay on the sarcasm...but don't complain if I put poutine on a pizza with pineapple and call it American-Hawaiian pizza.  :mad:

https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/poutine-pizza/18017/

There ya go - just add pineapple.

Josquius

Quote from: Threviel on July 12, 2021, 12:47:35 PM
Pineapple AND banana.

That's the first time I've heard about that. Did you have bananas on your Hawaii pizza?

Now, bananas and curry pizza, that is good shit.

Yeah, in uppsala it seemed pretty standard that pizza places were all quite different to what I'm used to.
Much bigger than the norm. Flat but not textured like a Italian style pizza. And Hawaiian always had banana as standard. Which is odd but worked.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

An important part of an Hawaiian pizza, and it's being totally overlook, is the ham.

Don't go putting pineapples over pepperoni.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2021, 12:52:55 PM
An important part of an Hawaiian pizza, and it's being totally overlook, is the ham.

I know ham is traditional (since pork is a common meat in polynesia) but why couldn't you put pineapple with pepperoni.

By the way, I will always remember the shock I felt when ordering a pepperoni pizza in italy. :o

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2021, 12:57:35 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2021, 12:52:55 PM

I know ham is traditional (since pork is a common meat in polynesia) but why couldn't you put pineapple with pepperoni.

By the way, I will always remember the shock I felt when ordering a pepperoni pizza in italy. :o

:hmm: I don't know.

Also, I would rather have a pizza in my poutine than poutine on my pizza.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

You're all wrong and it doesn't belong on pizza - but it is funny :P
Let's bomb Russia!