News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

One thing I don't think I've ever understood. What's the advantage of rolling the ball before a free kick besides giving the defending team an opportunity to get closer to block the ball?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Zanza on June 29, 2021, 11:10:19 AM
Why did that guy lie down for the free kick...?  :huh:

Didn't Messi score one time by shooting it below the wall? I guess the man lying down would stop that in theory.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 29, 2021, 11:12:41 AM

Didn't Messi score one time by shooting it below the wall? I guess the man lying down would stop that in theory.

It's a new defensive trick. Made popular when Juventus suffered a goal by Porto when Oliveira shot below the wall, with some poor defense by Ronaldo.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Liep on June 29, 2021, 11:12:41 AM

Yeah it's been a big thing recently but I don't think happened regularly before the last couple of seasons.

See Dias re-arranging Zinchenko doing football's loneliest job:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Duque de Bragança

Threviel

Feel free to "support" either team.  :P

Liep

I'm finding myself rooting for Germany and I think it's either because McGuire looks like he's an asshole or because of that English fan they interviewed before the game who answered every question with IT'S COMING HOME!

Sheilbh

I really like Saka - just a lovely player. Be nice if he had some support.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 29, 2021, 11:21:16 AM
Threviel

Whoever loses, we win.

Although I think England qualifies as an underdog  :P

Tamas

Quote from: Liep on June 29, 2021, 11:21:59 AM
I'm finding myself rooting for Germany and I think it's either because McGuire looks like he's an asshole or because of that English fan they interviewed before the game who answered every question with IT'S COMING HOME!

Maguire totally looks like an asshole.  :lol:

I am with Tyr - if England wins it's great. If England loses the insufferable booing fans will be unhappy, which is good.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on June 29, 2021, 11:26:58 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 29, 2021, 11:21:16 AM
Threviel

Whoever loses, we win.

Although I think England qualifies as an underdog  :P

Perhaps vs Germany, but not in Wembley dammit!  :P

Jacob

One thing I've also enjoyed - mostly noticable with the Welsh and French teams - has been when the camera zooms in on a player who's just missed or is complaining about an alleged foul and you can clearly see them saying "fuck" or "merde".

Duque de Bragança

Could be "putain" as well for the French. :nerd:

Jacob

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 29, 2021, 11:35:05 AM
Could be "putain" as well for the French. :nerd:

For sure, but the one I caught looked like "merde". I freely admit my ability to lip read the French language is perhaps not exceptional  :lol:

Sheilbh

Feels very lucky that wasn't a red.
Let's bomb Russia!