News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: clandestino on June 29, 2021, 04:45:30 AM
Still in Lisbon. If everything goes according to plan I'll get a couple of weeks there in late September. I'll keep you updated. :cheers:

Aaah, ok, I though you were up here as well.

Sheilbh

Interesting note from Philip Oltermann about the tabloids:
QuotePhilip Oltermann
@philipoltermann
Whisper it quietly, but British today's tabloid coverage of England v Germany today is a far cry from "Let's Blitz Fritz" spirit of 1996. Bawdy, brash and fun, but also respectful.

I think it also reflects a generational shift (or two) in the England team itself. Strangely the references to the (football) past seems like part of the more "high-brow" football coverage which is a bit weird.

But I feel like we were spoiled yesterday and today will be full of less joyful, more stolid football :lol: :weep:

Edit: Oh - and obviously David Squires is on form :lol:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/jun/29/david-squires-on-drama-and-chaos-at-the-business-end-of-euro-2020
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on June 29, 2021, 04:23:37 AM
Quote from: clandestino on June 29, 2021, 04:21:26 AM
:cheers:

Hello!

I've been going a lot to your (former?) neighborhood since my family as moved to Ponte de Lima and works in VN Cerveira/Valença area. At least twice a year. Not as often across the border though  :(

I spend quite a lot of time in that area, my family has a house right at the other side of the river.  :lol: I mean, we often do our shopping at VN Cerveira's Pingo Doce.  :ph34r:

Before someone asks, Cerveira is in NW Portugal, Minho, bordering Galicia. Raia so really on the border.

Clandestino in North Portugal: priceless!  :D

Josquius

Well this is a great start. England fans booing the German anthem.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Nice out of the Euro by the round of 16 league possible :

Netherlands, Portugal, Croatia, France and either England or Germany. Austria less flashy but quite all right.

Booing of the German anthem in Wembley!   :lol: If these English "fans" had brains, they would knew that singing it with the old lyrics would be far more offensive.

Sheilbh

Sadly England fans boo all national anthems - they booed Flower of Scotland etc too.

As if they have a leg to stand on with the worst anthem in the world <_<

Edit: Very sad the BBC have moved away from the weird drawing/illustrations for line ups :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Germany's anthem is better. Step up your game England!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Nice black equipment for die deutsche nationale Mannschaft. English fans should like it.  :P

Duque de Bragança

First foul by Müller, bastard is not losing any time.

Liep

what capacity is Wembley at? It looks fuller than previous games.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Half or 2/3 ? Used to be 1/3.

Commentators spoke of 40,000, that would be less than half.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 29, 2021, 11:01:42 AM
First foul by Müller, bastard is not losing any time.
God bless him :lol: :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

45000 persons. So with the current incidence about 65 persons infected with the delta variant.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 29, 2021, 11:03:28 AM
Half or 2/3 ? Used to be 1/3.

Commentators spoke of 40,000, that would be less than half.
It's half full. I think they're going to 75% capacity for the semi-final and final (if still in London).

Edit: But Liep is right - it was 1/4 full for the group stages - increased for the last 16 (and quarters if there are any in London?).
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Why did that guy lie down for the free kick...?  :huh: