News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 28, 2021, 04:55:47 PM
French people: Wenger to manage France now?

Thinking a bit more about it, Zidane would also be a possibility, if Deschamps were to be fired or he resigned.

I still don't see it as likely.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2021, 04:46:45 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2021, 03:58:53 PM
That's an impressive skill use it wisely lol

:ph34r:

This is all Jake's fault. I hate him forever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

celedhring

Seen it claimed on twitter that the Croatia-Spain game is the first game ever in an Euro/WC to feature 8 different goalscorers. I can believe that.

clandestino

For the neutrals around here: who am I supposed to root for now?  :hmm:

I usually spin to France (like to be a contrarian) but that isn't a solution anymore...

There is Spain but that seems like a boring (obvious) solution.

Regarding football, always had a soft spot for the danes since the time we were in the same qualifying group for a couple of tournaments and they know how to play football unlike their boring northern neighbours.

There is always Germany...

Am I forgetting someone worthy?

Josquius

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 28, 2021, 05:21:43 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2021, 05:13:20 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 28, 2021, 05:11:54 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2021, 05:10:25 PM
Woo Switzerland. Didn't see that coming. So... Italy to win it?

Tyr not hoping for an English victory?! What is it with Britons seemingly wanting to get deported to the continent lately?
I'm realistic and don't see England getting past Germany.
Torn on whether I want them to win or not. The team I like but the fans are the worst and the media really doesn't need that.
Deportation to the Continent would be lovely though.

Well, it's in Wembley. England is known to enjoy "home advantage" (ahem), even against Germany. Less so since 1966 perhaps.

Even to France? Forced to learn French?  :lol:

With my partner and kid that's my top choice at the minute actually. Mega cheap housing and vast open spaces but still right next door to Switzerland.
Though yes. The French factor does rather ruin things.

Most ideally of course I'd be heading to a more sensible country.
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Quote from: clandestino on June 29, 2021, 03:16:55 AM
There is Spain but that seems like a boring solution.

You got that right :lol:

I'd say go for the Danes since they seem real good right now and actually seems to have a shot or perhaps the Italians if you can stomach them. The Italians play an entertaining attacking football and they have left most of their distasteful behaviour behind a long time ago.

clandestino

Quote from: Threviel on June 29, 2021, 03:39:48 AM
You got that right :lol:

I'd say go for the Danes since they seem real good right now and actually seems to have a shot or perhaps the Italians if you can stomach them. The Italians play an entertaining attacking football and they have left most of their distasteful behaviour behind a long time ago.

My douchebag-o-meter goes slightly a-wire with all those tatoos.

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 28, 2021, 04:55:47 PM
French people: Wenger to manage France now?

Zidane is free as well...  :ph34r:

The Larch

Quote from: clandestino on June 29, 2021, 03:16:55 AM
For the neutrals around here: who am I supposed to root for now?  :hmm:

I usually spin to France (like to be a contrarian) but that isn't a solution anymore...

There is Spain but that seems like a boring (obvious) solution.

Regarding football, always had a soft spot for the danes since the time we were in the same qualifying group for a couple of tournaments and they know how to play football unlike their boring northern neighbours.

There is always Germany...

Am I forgetting someone worthy?

:w00t:

Clandestino sighting! :cheers: Good to see you again, mate!

clandestino

:cheers:

Hello!

I've been going a lot to your (former?) neighborhood since my family as moved to Ponte de Lima and works in VN Cerveira/Valença area. At least twice a year. Not as often across the border though  :(

The Larch

Quote from: clandestino on June 29, 2021, 04:21:26 AM
:cheers:

Hello!

I've been going a lot to your (former?) neighborhood since my family as moved to Ponte de Lima and works in VN Cerveira/Valença area. At least twice a year. Not as often across the border though  :(

I spend quite a lot of time in that area, my family has a house right at the other side of the river.  :lol: I mean, we often do our shopping at VN Cerveira's Pingo Doce.  :ph34r:

clandestino

Should try to meet for a beer or two when this stuff allows.

The Larch

Quote from: clandestino on June 29, 2021, 04:30:26 AM

Should try to meet for a beer or two when this stuff allows.

I might be in the area next weekend, I'll let you know. :cheers:

clandestino

Still in Lisbon. If everything goes according to plan I'll get a couple of weeks there in late September. I'll keep you updated. :cheers: