News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

It's not as fun when it's thanks to blatantly bought refs.

HVC

Looked up the Italy Korea 2002 game because I have no recollection of these games. Ref was arrested in 2010 for smuggling 6 kilos of heroine into New York.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2021, 06:05:03 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2021, 06:00:36 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2021, 05:52:37 AM
QuoteI can assure you there's no way I will forget South Korea's run in 2006  :lol:
And 2002 :wub:

2002 was what Cel meant, the one they hosted. Those atrocious refereeings in the knockout rounds... more  :bleeding: & :ultra: than  :wub:
I mainly remember Spain knocking out Ireland on penalties so... <_< :P

But it's always nice if a host gets to go deep into a tournament - see also Russia in 2018 - and I'm a bit the opposite of Mono too in that I love seeing countries beyond South America and Europe doing well :blush:

Come on that wasn't small guys punching above their weight in 2002 that was blatant cheating by the referee. I have never seen such things before or since.

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on June 24, 2021, 06:47:07 AM
Looked up the Italy Korea 2002 game because I have no recollection of these games. Ref was arrested in 2010 for smuggling 6 kilos of heroine into New York.

And banned for life from officiating in his home country (Ecuador) before that due to irregularities when refereeing a match from their home league, IIRC.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2021, 06:00:36 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2021, 05:52:37 AM
QuoteI can assure you there's no way I will forget South Korea's run in 2006  :lol:
And 2002 :wub:

2002 was what Cel meant, the one they hosted. Those atrocious refereeings in the knockout rounds... more  :bleeding: & :ultra: than  :wub:

Yeah, I mistyped the year. Anyway, it was daylight robbery.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2021, 06:02:23 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 24, 2021, 05:46:54 AM™La chatte à Dédé™ is back, between og, draws and refereeing (Kyky took lessons with Neymar while Lloris follows the Ligue 1/Anthony Lopes school of goalkeeping)!

Translation please?

Since you ask for a translation:
Desidério Dos Campos is a renowned lucky bastard.

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 24, 2021, 07:17:12 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 24, 2021, 05:46:54 AM™La chatte à Dédé™ is back, between og, draws and refereeing (Kyky took lessons with Neymar while Lloris follows the Ligue 1/Anthony Lopes school of goalkeeping)!

Translation please?

Do you enjoy being intentionally obtuse?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2021, 07:20:20 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 24, 2021, 07:17:12 AM

Translation please?

Do you enjoy being intentionally obtuse?

With quite a few people here claiming to be fans of les Bleus (all right not you), they could at least google it to discover that colloquial dative associated to Deschamps, so as to have a vague idea of what means.
Besides, it's not the first time I used it and I already translated it before, you would knew it had you been following.  :contract:

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 24, 2021, 05:41:13 AM
Meme does not show Hungary went down with honour.  :thumbsdown:
Syt's sisters-like level, from the other side.

Oh yes going winless. So glorious. and honorable.

This is why I have a hard time getting into this game. The damn lame fucking ties and all the fake moral victorious teams are supposed to take from them.

And yes the fact this lame fucking bullshit gets to prop up and glorify a totalitarian regime doesn't improve my attitude about it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on June 24, 2021, 07:41:16 AM

This is why I have a hard time getting into this game. The damn lame fucking ties and all the fake moral victorious teams are supposed to take from them.

And yes the fact this lame fucking bullshit gets to prop up and glorify a totalitarian regime doesn't improve my attitude about it.

Draws are good though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 24, 2021, 07:43:14 AM

Draws are good though.

They are, also celebrating a defeat because you still won on aggregate score  :thumbsup:

Duque de Bragança

Did you watch the game? Hungary led for most of the time. Germany equalized at the 84th minute and no own goal this time. This was not France-Denmark 0-0 territory here as in Russia 2018.
Was at a German bar in Paris and this was no lame fucking tie.
I understand the need to bash Orban, but this is going too far and counter-productive.
Was the tie vs France also fucking damn lame? Hungary led for a bit as well.

If you really want to bash a team from a country ruled by a (wannabe) dictator, there is Turkey, the disappointment of the tournament. Still managed to beat and tie Les Bleus during qualifications.  :hmm: Russia and Poland, less surprising.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 24, 2021, 08:02:40 AM
If you really want to bash a team from a country ruled by a (wannabe) dictator, there is Turkey, the disappointment of the tournament. Still managed to beat and tie Les Bleus during qualifications.  :hmm: Russia and Poland, less surprising.
Plus the 4-2 against the Netherlands in their World Cup qualifiers (which was also seen as a slight indicator that the Netherlands might under-perform).

I find Turkey really baffling. Because the way they played, the way they were set up basically seemed to be that they'd be a pretty defensive team and hit on the counter and it's like they just entirely forgot about the need to counter :blink: It's more the manner of how they went out that I'd find annoying if I was a Turkey it was so timid and bland :(
Let's bomb Russia!

alfred russel

It is possible that Hungary's soccer team performed really well and Orban is still a piece of shit.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

I guess we just need a representative of the team to say this.
██████
██████
██████