News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Some groaning about the Austrian gear this year - black (former color of chancellor Kurz's ÖVP) and turquoise (current ÖVP color). One possible explanation is that the colors are a negative image of the Austrian colors. Which raises the question if Kurz picked turquoise for his cult party because it was basically the anti-red? :hmm:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Austrian colours were indeed horrible with Macedonian colours closer to the Austrian game.

Pleasant game though, which is what matters.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on June 13, 2021, 11:29:34 PM
Some groaning about the Austrian gear this year - black (former color of chancellor Kurz's ÖVP) and turquoise (current ÖVP color). One possible explanation is that the colors are a negative image of the Austrian colors. Which raises the question if Kurz picked turquoise for his cult party because it was basically the anti-red? :hmm:

I was actually wondering what the hell was Austria's away kit and who was the idiot that designed it, hadn't made the association with Kurz and his fondness for turquoise (I learned that from Bohmermann's report on him).

Josephus

Austria's colours jolted me almost as much as the TikTok ads on the boards. Are they aiming for the preteen girls market?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on June 14, 2021, 06:42:04 AM
Austria's colours jolted me almost as much as the TikTok ads on the boards. Are they aiming for the preteen girls market?

Tik Tok is the main sponsor for the tournament. Yeah, it's weird.

Sheilbh

Scottish commentary can get savage - "yeah, he's picked because he's never let Scotland down when pla.....Well he might have with that first touch" :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 13, 2021, 05:11:51 PM
Total aside but this is kind of a lovely detail from The Times on Sterling scoring in a tournament in his home stadium :lol:

Thats cute
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Last two games between Czechia and Scotland ended in victory for the Scots, but Czechs used to be a much better team.  :hmm: This will be a close affair in any case.

Duque de Bragança

1-0 for the Czechs before half-time.  :hmm: Wrong pick so far.

Duque de Bragança

Very likely Goal of the Tournament for the Czechs: 2-0.

A bit unfair for the Scots, but it is perfectly legit. From the middle of the terrain, strong and precise shot.

My pick:  :lol:

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Not that I am watching, since it's a workday over here, but Scotts deserve A for effort, it's just that the Czechs are better.

Duque de Bragança

Scottish kick and rush tactics plus not so-great skill with ball is not enough vs tactically-wise and skilled Czechs indeed.

Tamas

The Larch

Good day for Czechoslovakia.