News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

The Catalan counterpart of The National was similarly rooting for Italy against Spain  :lol:

I should probably consider switching my allegiances on the face of this.

Sheilbh

The National really spend a lot of time on their front page photoshops :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 09, 2021, 06:55:58 PM
Agreed on Platini - I also think travel played a big part. It's been noted here that all four of the semi-finalists were teams who played most of their group games at home.
On this, Ceferin has now said that a multiple host tournament "is far too challenging. It's not fair that some teams have to travel 10,000km while other teams travel just 1,000km."

This was pointed out when the idea was first mooted - both from a sporting and a carbon perspective :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

The English has been fined by uefa for their fans' behaviour during the semi final. The charges were using pyrotechnics,  booing the national anthem of the opponents and pointing lasers at the Danish players, notably on schmeichel during the penalty kick.

Spitting on the opponent's fans is apparently okay.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Moving forward, they should institute a rule that pointing lasers at goalies during the penalty disallows any goal scored....

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on July 10, 2021, 10:37:01 AM
Moving forward, they should institute a rule that pointing lasers at goalies during the penalty disallows any goal scored....
Kind of an incentive for the defending team to do that then no?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on July 10, 2021, 10:39:46 AM
Quote from: Jacob on July 10, 2021, 10:37:01 AM
Kind of an incentive for the defending team to do that then no?
Yeah. I remember this a massive thing in Classico games a while back. I don't know if they are but they should be banned from stadiums and any fan with one banned too. It's like fireworks or whatever - there's no innocent reason to have that on you.

Edit: And yeah it would incentivise defending fans. I swear was some competition where if the game was called off it would be replayed and there were loads of examples of fans on the losing side trying to launch pitch invasions to get it replayed instead.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Yeah I know...  :lol:

Sigh.

The Larch

QuoteFlying ants could swarm Euro 2020 final at Wembley
England-Italy match may be clouded by insects after Met Office radar detects start of 'nuptial flights'

Swarms of flying ants could swarm to Wembley and cloud the Euro 2020 final, after a radar detected millions of bugs over London and the south-east on Friday.

As luck has it, the final between England and Italy is taking place on Sunday, which could fall into the mating period of ants, which go on a "nuptial flight" in huge numbers between June and September.

Although the Met Office has forecast "promising" weather for Sunday, it also picked up on the phenomenon potentially coinciding with the fixture and becoming a nuisance for buzzing players and fans.

Radar images released by the Met show a number of large pulsating shadows hovering over the capital and surrounding areas, many of which "are in fact insects", the Met said.

Sheilbh

oh no - it's flying ant day :o :ph34r: :weep:

Edit: Also I know online isn't reality but the reaction to that National front page is kind of hilarious - unionists generally applauding it because its' quite funny and very self-aware, nationalists generally appalled with it for showing them up :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

The scene from Brooklyn where she says emphatically states her Italian last name has been popping up on my Twitter feed.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f44bbe62-c7b1-44b1-a869-3505202609eb

Sheilbh

Report in Guardian about the abuse some Danish fans were facing - a common theme is lack of security/stewards and a lot of England fans in an area for Danish fans/no-one checking IDs or bags on fans going into the stadium. I really hope the FA have done stuff to fix this ahead of tomorrow. Wembley is their stadium and they should be running it properly.

I cannot believe that, for example, during the FA Cup final they were allowing mixed Arsenal/Chelsea fan areas because that's not how football games are managed in this country. At best it's incredibly negligent - and not checking people's IDs or bags is genuinely alarming.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

It is absolutely insane. Its weird that you didn't see the same crap in the German game, and there you'd expect it far more. It seems after bullying the little girl things just exploded.
██████
██████
██████