News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Prince Philip dead

Started by Threviel, April 09, 2021, 06:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Yeah only 30 attendees overall - and the Queen will be sitting alone which I think is a disgrace but there we are.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Why such a small event? Surely this should be a big state event with hundreds of foreign dignitaries. Is the monarchy failing in its duty here or is this small funeral just the first one before a more public ceremonial one?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2021, 05:33:44 PM
Why such a small event? Surely this should be a big state event with hundreds of foreign dignitaries. Is the monarchy failing in its duty here or is this small funeral just the first one before a more public ceremonial one?

covid restrictions.

Stiiff upper lip old boy, what what.

Sheilbh

Rules are rules - tens if not hundreds of thousands of people have had to have funerals under these rules in the last year. It would look awful and probably cause more damage than the Oprah interview if the royal family decided that didn't apply to them, especially if there were hundreds of dignitaries flying in and probably not having to quarantine like the rest of us.
Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 16, 2021, 05:49:43 PM
Rules are rules - tens if not hundreds of thousands of people have had to have funerals under these rules in the last year. It would look awful and probably cause more damage than the Oprah interview if the royal family decided that didn't apply to them, especially if there were hundreds of dignitaries flying in and probably not having to quarantine like the rest of us.
might just push the British toward republicanism. 

On second thought, I think they should do the grand funeral!
:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Richard Hakluyt

The Queen will adhere to the restrictions to set an example to her people  :bowler:

One of the problems republicans have in the UK is that the Queen and the working Lords invariably behave far better and with greater probity than the elected MPs.

viper37

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 17, 2021, 02:36:27 AM
One of the problems republicans have in the UK is that the Queen and the working Lords invariably behave far better and with greater probity than the elected MPs.

Yeah, so far, the scandals have always been with another member of the family.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Well that was a dignified and appropriately modest funeral ceremony given the times we live in.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"