News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Prince Philip dead

Started by Threviel, April 09, 2021, 06:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Also - I just think he's fully grown man in his 60s kicking up a fuss about very little ahead of his dad's funeral <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Luckily, they have found a way to avoid the issue of Prince Pederast's uniform AND blame it all on Harry, win-win:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/15/royals-forgo-military-uniform-prince-philip-funeral-avoid-embarrassing-harry

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on April 15, 2021, 02:51:18 AM
Luckily, they have found a way to avoid the issue of Prince Pederast's uniform AND blame it all on Harry, win-win:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/15/royals-forgo-military-uniform-prince-philip-funeral-avoid-embarrassing-harry

Great! Now what's next on the agenda?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Not really sure I understand this. Harry has had to give up his honorary military titles, but he did serve. Should he not be allowed to wear some sort of uniform?

Anyway, royals in uniforms are weird. I'm reminded of the Frankie Boyle joke:
We sent Prince Harry to Afghanistan. Beacuse when you want to teach people about democracy, you send them a prince. You teach them about peace and democracy by having a prince shoot at them from a helicopter.

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on April 15, 2021, 03:04:34 AM
Not really sure I understand this. Harry has had to give up his honorary military titles, but he did serve. Should he not be allowed to wear some sort of uniform?

Anyway, royals in uniforms are weird. I'm reminded of the Frankie Boyle joke:
We sent Prince Harry to Afghanistan. Beacuse when you want to teach people about democracy, you send them a prince. You teach them about peace and democracy by having a prince shoot at them from a helicopter.

Quite obviously this is more about the rapist son than Harry, but this way they have the bonus of kicking Harry for leaving.

Admiral Yi

Why is the remembrencer balancing a felt frisbee on his head?

Sheilbh

It's his hat.

It's actually a small tricorn on a wig.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Minsky Moment

Harry should be able to wear his regimental uniform regardless of whether he gave up his archaic feudal titles.

Andrew should be permitted to wear his proper uniform of prison stripes and dunce cap, and be placed outside the chapel in the stocks.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sheilbh

On Philip's links to the pre-WW1 Ruritania:
QuoteMourners will include the duke's children and grandchildren, as well as relatives from the German side of his family, who have flown into the UK and are isolating before Saturday's service. Those invited are Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden, Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse, and Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg – two great-nephews and a cousin – who are staying at a house in Ascot.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

I guess enough time has passed you don't need to worry about Nazis lurking in the family tree?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 15, 2021, 06:10:38 PM
I guess enough time has passed you don't need to worry about Nazis lurking in the family tree?
I feel like one of his brother-in-laws joined the SS and they cut that side of the family. The rest were just nobility in the Wehrmacht.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Wasn't he Prince of Denmark and Greece? Are any Greeks or Danes coming? Though the Greek nobles were all Germans weren't they? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Exactly :lol:

And they're only allowed 30 people, plus I think that's more his ancestry and when you're 99 chances are not many of the family members older than you will turn up to your funeral. While I think all of his sisters married German princes etc.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

I wonder if our Queen Sofía will attend, I believe they were second cousins or something.  :hmm:

The Larch

Quote from: The Larch on April 16, 2021, 05:05:26 AM
I wonder if our Queen Sofía will attend, I believe they were second cousins or something.  :hmm:

Apparently not, only 3 foreign guests seem to be in attendance, all fantastically ruritarian German aristocrats (The Prince of Baden! The Landgrave of Hesse! The Prince of Hohenlohe-Langeburg!).