News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Trivia Thread Resurrection

Started by Admiral Yi, April 06, 2021, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Rugen?

Edit: just looked it up after making my guess. The reason he gave for his choice is quite amusing.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

The Brain

No.

Maybe obvious, but here's a hint anyway: of course it was the most backwards part of Germany.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Bavaria would be the sensible answer
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

It would be, but alas no.

If Syt or someone doesn't know it I guess we're screwed.

Syt

I know (or believe I know) but didn't want to hog it. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I would not have guessed though I've been there on vacation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

IIRC it was Mecklenburg, because everything there happens 100 years later?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on July 20, 2021, 08:20:40 AM
IIRC it was Mecklenburg, because everything there happens 100 years later?

Korrekt.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

What was the largest number of kamikaze strikes (in one engagement) survived by an allied warship?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Resurrection is a non-trivial feat.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on July 20, 2021, 12:24:11 PM
5!

Nein!  (no, that's not the answer, that's just "no" in German)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!