News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teaching English Abroad

Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

While in Japan, I ran into a fellow who waddling this type of work.  He was convinced it was easy to get into, even without a Bachelors degree.

I may:  highly consider this over reenlisting.

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 19, 2010, 12:01:03 PM
While in Japan, I ran into a fellow who waddling this type of work.  He was convinced it was easy to get into, even without a Bachelors degree.

Think of your pension though! :o
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2010, 12:12:24 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 19, 2010, 12:01:03 PM

Think of your pension though! :o

I'd have to serve an additional 11 years to get that, and by then, if I pursued this career path, I would likely be discounted as a dirty old man...just like if CdM tried it. :P

Barrister

11 years go by quickly.  Then with a pension you can do whatever the fuck you want with your life.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 19, 2010, 12:16:52 PM
I'd have to serve an additional 11 years to get that, and by then, if I pursued this career path, I would likely be discounted as a dirty old man...just like if CdM tried it. :P

Nonsense, my father began teaching at a school in his 50s.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Go for the Pension first. You'll be a dirty old man, but in japan, land of the old, you'll be a spring chicken.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2010, 12:18:22 PM
11 years go by quickly.  Then with a pension you can do whatever the fuck you want with your life.

Don't say that. I don't have many 11 year increments left.  :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

My research has proven that the most preferred superpower by Korean middle schoolers is the ability to teleport.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Good to know you are using your time for the important things.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2010, 01:11:50 AM
My research has proven that the most preferred superpower by Korean middle schoolers is the ability to teleport.

Makes sense.  If I was in Korea I would want the ability to leave as soon as possible as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on April 20, 2010, 01:33:45 AM

I had them fill out a sheet about themselves. Favorite food, color, singer, movie, etc. One of the questions was what superpower they'd have.

I just saw a kid reading a history of modern Germany in manga form. America wore a cowboy hat. :alberta:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2010, 01:11:50 AM

But, Hiro is Japanese.  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2010, 02:05:51 AM
Quote from: Zanza on April 20, 2010, 01:33:45 AM

I had them fill out a sheet about themselves. Favorite food, color, singer, movie, etc. One of the questions was what superpower they'd have.

I just saw a kid reading a history of modern Germany in manga form. America wore a cowboy hat. :alberta:

Usually America looks like MacArthur - sunglasses, corncob pipe, etc.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Camerus

Tim and HMB, are either of you planning on a second tour of duty?