News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teaching English Abroad

Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tyr on October 21, 2009, 07:06:34 AM
I'm having trouble though imagining how pubs stayed in buisness if they were just for criminals.
Surely the police would have known this (since the rest of the population does)?

They're not just for criminals.  Maybe some people think that scene is 'bad', but I saw thousands of Chinese people who enjoyed going to bars and clubs who were not criminals.  Beijing nightlife is pretty awesome.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Korea

When garbon has called you a pussy, you must stop, and reexamine the choices that have brought you there.
I want my mother fucking points!

Eddie Teach

Not necessarily. Garbon, like most Languishers, is prone to making snap judgments on insufficient data.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on October 21, 2009, 05:48:40 AM
My impression is that these "pubs" are not designed for the masses.  They are for the nouveau riche.  The idea of going to a pub with friends was an alien concept in China 20 years ago.  It would be a grave insult to invite a non-criminal to one. 

You cannot play sports...you cannot go out and drink...what do respectable Chinese people do for fun?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on October 21, 2009, 04:25:18 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on October 21, 2009, 05:48:40 AM
My impression is that these "pubs" are not designed for the masses.  They are for the nouveau riche.  The idea of going to a pub with friends was an alien concept in China 20 years ago.  It would be a grave insult to invite a non-criminal to one. 

You cannot play sports...you cannot go out and drink...what do respectable Chinese people do for fun?
Study and destroy the will of their fellow people... preferably by forcing them to study too. they're a boring people
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Went up to the foriegn district in Seoul with the Namyang crew and some of the teachers from a neighboring town on Saturday. Seoul is farther than I thought. We're on the other side of Hwaseong from the train station, so we have to take a 45 minute bus ride... there and depending on which train you take it's a 30 to 45 minute ride. It was Phil's last week so we all went up to celebrate.

We went to a Mexican restaurant/bar called Pancho's. Where we met up with a group of teachers who teach in Seoul that some of the guys knew. The quasedillas were delicious. After we spent a few hours there we head over to a Canadian bar called the Rocky Mountain Tavern where an epic Stones cover band was playing. The singer was crap, but the guitars were absolutely sick. The flagrant display of the hammer and sickle annoyed me however.

We left that place at about 1am and everyone was having a great time until Phil realized his wallet was missing. Damn dirty, Canadians. <_< Anyways, the trains don't start running until 6am so we took a cab to a local bar called New Phillies and stayed there until 5:30am. It was a pretty cool place with a bigscreen hooked up to a public computer. Just youtube whatever music video you want and put it up there.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

We went to a Mexican restaurant/bar called Pancho's. Where we met up with a group of teachers who teach in Seoul that some of the guys knew. The quasedillas were delicious. After we spent a few hours there we head over to a Canadian bar called the Rocky Mountain Tavern where an epic Stones cover band was playing. The singer was crap, but the guitars were absolutely sick. The flagrant display of the hammer and sickle annoyed me however.
Shouldn't you have found it funny and spent the night making snide jokes about Canadians being a bunch of damn commies?

QuoteAnyways, the trains don't start running until 6am so we took a cab to a local bar called New Phill...ies and stayed there until 5:30am.
Awesome.
This here is the problem with the UK and Sweden.
And even the Netherlands to a slight extent.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 25, 2009, 06:44:44 PM

Shouldn't you have found it funny and spent the night making snide jokes about Canadians being a bunch of damn commies?

It was the band members that wearing the hammer and sickle. Don't know which country they come from.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

You should have told them to conceal them.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Have you:

tried soju?

busted a move on a local girl?

HisMajestyBOB

Rocky Mountain Tavern is a cool place. Especially when they've got sports on.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 25, 2009, 07:42:13 PM
Have you:

tried soju?

busted a move on a local girl?
Read the last few pages Admiral.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 25, 2009, 09:12:38 PM
Rocky Mountain Tavern is a cool place. Especially when they've got sports on.
If you like getting pick pocketed I guess.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Put your wallet in your front pants pocket instead of your back pocket or coat pocket then.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?