News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PBEM] Brotherhood & Unity

Started by bogh, March 16, 2021, 07:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Is there any clarification on whether Limited Fuel incurred by sanctions prevents you from advancing after attack or just advancing beyond the initially attacked space? The rules are...annoyingly contradictory. Sanctions on page 8 says "beyond the target space" whereas 13.2.8 says no advance at all.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

This errata / QA document says that 13.2.8 should be changed to read that no advance beyond the target space, so the sanctions section has it correctly.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/207627/q-and-errata-brotherhoodunity

bogh

Habs spent his two "solo" turns upgrading a couple of units to elites and replacing his losses by replacement points.

This is the situation going into turn 2 - after Croat and Bosniak reinforcements have been put into play (Serbs get nada this turn). Our hand sizes have now evened out and the Bosniak combat modifier is only -1. This and my six reinforcements should mean that I am no longer just the punching bag.

Habbaku

Serbian trucks are called to the front to organize and rationalize the lines for the next offensive. We're determined to close off the northern flank before proceeding to crush Sarajevo.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

I will be out of town and away from my laptop for the weekend. If the turn comes my way tomorrow, I'll make sure to put it in, but after that I'll be AWOL until Monday.

Tamas

2 of the 3 victorious Croatian units in the Juzna Krajina region reposition to defend against anticipated Bosnian aggression from Zenica.

bogh

The Army of Bosnia & Herzegovina attempts a minor offensive against Vlasenica, using troops from Srebrenica, Gorazde and Sokolac in order to stave off impending attacks on Srebrenica and Gorazde. The attack is bolstered by the operations card (+2) and a combat card to nullifies the mountain terrain.

Over the Habs for the opportunity to play a combat card in in defense and/or resolve the battle. 

Habbaku

Well, that went poorly. Bosniaks got a critical hit while the Serbs did well enough to return 2 step losses in return. Still, that -3/+3 SW is gonna pinch a bit...

To Bogh to take losses and advance.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Very bloody on the Eastern front. The Croats will enjoy spectating this, I am sure. But excellent result overall for the Bosniaks.

Two Bosniak brigades advance into Vlasenica.

Step losses in Sokolac and Srebrenica.

Over to Habs for round 2 of turn 2.

Habbaku

Serbs commit to a Posavina Offensive to drive the Croats out of the northern flank and shore up the lines. To Tamas for CC/resolve.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Croats launch a major (event) offensive to capture the city of Zenica, the event allowing them to ignore the Urban terrain for this one battle.

bogh

Bosniaks got lucky, with the artillery shelling having no effect and the subsequent attack only doing x1 damage and the Bosniaks replying in kind.

Unfortunately, the inferiority of forces still meant that the Bosniaks took three losses to the Croats one and were forced to retreat. Stacking limits meant that only one brigade could retreat, bringing Bosniaks losses to two full brigades and Croats poised to advance into Zenica with minor losses.

bogh

The Croat forces advanced into Zenica as expected. Bosniaks used their turn to replace losses and put fresh troops back into play in Jablanica, Novi Grad (Sarajevo) and eastern Mostar.

Situation after turn 2, round 2:

Habbaku

The Serbs take a much-needed breather to strengthen the ranks with this year's recruits, especially in the south where a rather worrisome hole has presented itself.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

The Croats redeploy their units around the borders of the ancient Croatian homeland they have liberated in Bosnia.