News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PBEM] Brotherhood & Unity

Started by bogh, March 16, 2021, 07:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: bogh on March 17, 2021, 04:15:11 PM
Mostar is really pretty (if you can look past the bullet holes). Set along the steep river banks, very lush and picturesque. Apparently lots of propaganda blamed the Serbs for the destruction of the old bridge - even though this was one atrocity they were nowhere near.
Mostar is very pretty for an afternoon/day trip.

I think the reconstructed bridge was opened by Prince Charles because he was the only neutral person both sides could agree on :lol: I think they had discussed more prominent individuals like Bill Clinton but they were, obviously, controversial with one side or other.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Croatian setup posted. Setting up a strong defense against aggression by whom used to be our neighbours.

It's not gonna' be easy to roleplay this mess is it.

Habbaku

:lol: No, and so I think I will skip the roleplay and comment on the positions and card plays instead.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on March 18, 2021, 02:26:57 PM
:lol: No, and so I think I will skip the roleplay and comment on the positions and card plays instead.

:thumbsup:

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on March 18, 2021, 02:26:57 PM

Boo!  I want to hear you gloat as your commit atrocities!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

bogh

The legitimate government of Bosnia has drawn five cards, placed its meager two reinforcements and look forward to a festive turn of -2 DRM due to our naive lack of preparation for war. Surely the international community will quickly intervene to prevent us from being squashed?

Map after reinforcements have been placed and before turn 1 begins:

Habbaku

Serbs go on the offensive! Albeit in a limited fashion. Still, the pre-attack phase went well, with 2 out of 3 of the Bosniak defenders being reduced ahead of the actual push on Brcko, Tuzla, and Srebrenica.

Over to Bogh to resolve combats and his inevitable retreats.

SerbsAttack

Obviously, the Serbs want to come out of the gate swinging, right? We'll see how much steam I can keep going.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Ouch, nasty card.  :(

Yeah, the Serbs probably need to hit as hard as they can (with an eye to managing their FA) while they can do it.

I don't think you are allowed to split your attacks from a single space without paying to activate the space twice (an attack can target only one space according to 13.4.1.2). So you can attack all three spaces, but all forces in Zvornik will have to attack Srebrenica (making the attack on Tuzzla a bit underwhelming). Let me know how you want to proceed.

Habbaku

Ah, thanks; I glossed over that that had changed from POG and didn't realize the distinction there.

Ignore the attack on Srebrenica, then, and focus all six on Tuzla please.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Roger. Srebrenica won't be reduced either, since that is contingent on it being a "defending" unit.

The minor divergences from POG will trip us up quite a lot I think.

bogh

I've resolved the attacks on Brcko and Tuzla, reversing the attack (and reduction) in Sbrebrenica.

Net result:

• My reduced army in Brcko was eliminated with no losses for the Serbs. They may advance into Brcko.
    Two armies reduced and one reduced and then eliminated in Tuzla. Serbs must reduce on army and can then advance into Srebrebrenica. My two reduced armies retreated to Visiko.

I got banged up pretty bad.

Habbaku

Not surprising, though, I imagine.  :P

The Bosniaks definitely get to play punching bag the first couple of turns it looks like.

Serbs advanced to take Brcko and Tuzla, leaving behind the forces besieging Srebrenica.

Tamas is up to see if the Croats can ride to the aid of Gond--er, Bosnia.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Croatia launches a peace keeping operation to rein in the violence, attacking Serbian-controlled Glamoc and Bosnian-controlled Travnik. Habbaku to resolve Serbian battle first.

Habbaku

Total NE in Glamoc, much to my delight. Both sides shell each other but do no damage and the Serbs hold firm.

-J. R. R. Tolkien