How Will You Spend the Upcoming Stimulus?

Started by Admiral Yi, March 11, 2021, 09:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durka

I will buy consumer durables, boosting the economy and stimulating employment
2 (7.4%)
I will buy Gamestop shares
3 (11.1%)
I will pay off three months of back rent
1 (3.7%)
I will spend it on hookers and blow
4 (14.8%)
I will spend it on a big vacation
0 (0%)
I will put it in my savings account so I can continue losing out to inflation
2 (7.4%)
I like to vote
15 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

How much is it? Full 2k or 1400? Not sure what passed in the end.

I'd buy windows, if I was receiving a stimulus check.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

The portion that I got for my kids will go into their college fund. A good chunk of the rest will go to fun stuff.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

ulmont

Even ignoring the non-US contingent this needs an "I got phased out and didn't even get a lousy T-shirt" option.  Mostly for Cal.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: ulmont on March 11, 2021, 11:27:21 PM
Even ignoring the non-US contingent this needs an "I got phased out and didn't even get a lousy T-shirt" option.  Mostly for Cal.

Oops. :Embarrass:

DGuller

The lack of empathy for people making too much to get any stimulus is downright shocking.  :mad:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2021, 11:35:15 PM
The lack of empathy for people making too much to get any stimulus is downright shocking.  :mad:

Yeah, fuck you, how much empathy have you shown for people not getting those juicy child credits?  Huh, huh?

Renard, I posted a link in the Biden thread with the line items.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: ulmont on March 11, 2021, 11:27:21 PM
:cry:

Ich bin want free money too. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

The Jaron option.

Last time we got 88 dollars. So I'm not holding out for enough to do the many house renovations we need.
PDH!

Monoriu