How Will You Spend the Upcoming Stimulus?

Started by Admiral Yi, March 11, 2021, 09:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durka

I will buy consumer durables, boosting the economy and stimulating employment
2 (7.4%)
I will buy Gamestop shares
3 (11.1%)
I will pay off three months of back rent
1 (3.7%)
I will spend it on hookers and blow
4 (14.8%)
I will spend it on a big vacation
0 (0%)
I will put it in my savings account so I can continue losing out to inflation
2 (7.4%)
I like to vote
15 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

merithyn

Quote from: ulmont on March 11, 2021, 11:27:21 PM
Even ignoring the non-US contingent this needs an "I got phased out and didn't even get a lousy T-shirt" option.  Mostly for Cal.

Ahem. :sleep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on March 12, 2021, 08:52:56 AM
Quote from: ulmont on March 11, 2021, 11:27:21 PM
Even ignoring the non-US contingent this needs an "I got phased out and didn't even get a lousy T-shirt" option.  Mostly for Cal.
:cry:

Ich bin want free money too. :sleep:

You just have to settle for being overpaid by your employer.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

I probably won't get it until I do my taxes next year. I didn't get either of the 2020 stimulus but got it in my tax returns for last year.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2021, 11:35:15 PM
The lack of empathy for people making too much to get any stimulus is downright shocking.  :mad:

I wonder if I'll get this one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2021, 07:58:43 AM
The lack of empathy for people making too much to get any stimulus is downright shocking.  :mad:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

:)

If this comes up, you're probably not eligible:

QuotePayment Status - Not Available
We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

• We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
  • You're not eligible for a payment.
For more information about why you're receiving this message, see our Frequently Asked Questions.

You can check the application again to see whether there has been an update to your information. Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there's no need to check back more often.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

I may pay to get that hole in the ceiling fixed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on March 16, 2021, 01:50:11 PM

For more information about why you're receiving this message, see our Frequently Asked Questions.

You can check the application again to see whether there has been an update to your information. Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there's no need to check back more often.

That's what it says for me but then they also gave me the Trump one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Yeah both my parents have gotten that message for the first two rounds and still got them.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Time it says that it will be deposited to my checking account...but for the last two, I received a physical check.

Was that just for the Trump signature. :hmm:

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Quote from: PDH on March 20, 2021, 10:38:08 AM
Hookers and blow it was.
Is it wise to be with hookers during a pandemic? :unsure:

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: garbon on March 16, 2021, 01:59:59 PM

That's what it says for me but then they also gave me the Trump one.

And indeed, I got the full amount. :hmm:

fromtia

Repair the irrigation manifold for the house and overhaul the rear differential on the truck. Both small local businesses. Straight out of my pocket, into theirs.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.