News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2021, 10:59:22 AM
I've had both of mine and yesterday was two weeks beyond my second one.  Am I: also invincible.

Yes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

My father got his first dose yesterday. My siblings have been vaccinated earlier as physicians. My partners parents have gotten their first dose now. Some colleagues and friends got it for various reasons, mainly due to close contact with vulnerable persons. So progress in my immediate environment is definitely noticeable.

The Larch

My mom has just been summoned today to get her 1st shot this sunday afternoon.  :)

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on April 15, 2021, 03:47:38 PM
My mom has just been summoned today to get her 1st shot this sunday afternoon.  :)

:cheers:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2021, 10:47:18 PM
I got my second Pfizer shot today.

Wasn't he frozen to death 5 seconds later?  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Great news for you lucky folks

https://twitter.com/elizacollins1/status/1382685621861416970
QuoteCDC identifies only 5,800 Covid-19 infections after the final vaccine, out of more than 66 million. And those who got it had mild cases.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Barrister

Mrs B, despite being in the vastly inferior 2C vaccination category (she works part time in a doctor's office), has managed to get an appointment for Tuesday.  Despite being in the hugely important 2B category (pre-existing condition) I'm still stuck with my appointment on Friday.  :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: The Larch on April 15, 2021, 03:47:38 PM

And she just received it. She got Moderna, apparently didn't have any reaction and is now scheduled to have her 2nd shot in 4 weeks.

Razgovory

I'm going out to get it in about 15 minutes.  This seems like it's taking forever.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on April 19, 2021, 09:38:57 AM
I'm going out to get it in about 15 minutes.  This seems like it's taking forever.

You're waiting in line outside the vaccination centre?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2021, 09:44:27 AM

No, I live only about 5 miles from the place to get the vaccine.  I drove up there and I was able to get it without any problems.  When I said it's taking forever I mean it's taking forever to get access to the vaccine.  The state of Missouri is the worst in the country for getting people the vaccine.  The place I went did not appear to be run by the state, the army was doing this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Things look a little brighter after the Health Board said yes to giving out AZ vaccine on a voluntary signup basis. Of course that process will probably not be ready for at least a month or two but still it's progress.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on April 19, 2021, 10:59:24 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2021, 09:44:27 AM

No, I live only about 5 miles from the place to get the vaccine.  I drove up there and I was able to get it without any problems.  When I said it's taking forever I mean it's taking forever to get access to the vaccine.  The state of Missouri is the worst in the country for getting people the vaccine.  The place I went did not appear to be run by the state, the army was doing this.

Ah, and the army element was probably making the final link that bit more efficient.

Good that you've got it now.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"