COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 09, 2021, 10:24:31 PM
Well shit.  Iowa must be getting hosed.  CVS and Walgreens have been fully booked forever.

Here CVS and Walgreens follow state guidelines, not the separate health districts, so they're still only vaccinating Group 1C, so I was checking the health district websites. Dunno how Iowa is doing it but that might be fruitful. You might also check county government websites or local university hospitals. Or keep mashing the F5 key on VaccineFinder.org. Good luck!  :cheers:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

celedhring

My dad got his first Pfizer shot yesterday.

Mom got another SMS with an appointment for the AZ one (she skipped her first one), but there's no way to convince her atm, with all the blood clot reports.

Iormlund

I'm hoping all the bruhaha with AZ gets my parents vaccinated faster (they are in their late 60s).

As for myself, seeing how being immunocompromised is not a factor anymore, I'm guessing early July with the rest of my age cohort.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on April 09, 2021, 06:11:12 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 09, 2021, 12:45:48 PM
First shots for my Mom and Dad today. Pfizer-Biontech. Second shots in early May.

:cool:

Hope you get your first soon, thought you're still a relative Languish youngster middle-age dude.

Vaccine eligibility-wise, I'm as old or good as an old teenager, so in theory, not until mid-June.

FunkMonk

Sitting at the vaccination site post-jab. Very quick and efficient. Thank you Maryland!
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

Booked my father-in-law's vaccination this coming Friday. Allegedly it's Pfizer or Moderna. He's 65.

Maximus

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 10, 2021, 09:28:49 AM
Sitting at the vaccination site post-jab. Very quick and efficient. Thank you Maryland!
I live near the Salisbury site and apparently they're vaccinating anyone who comes in. I walked by there yesterday and there was no outdoor line, so next to no wait. If you know anyone who isn't able to get an appointment yet let them know. I believe Hogan even suggested the same thing.

DGuller

I got my second shot, and I definitely felt the pinch a lot more.  Now I'm really wondering whether I got the first shot administered properly.  :ph34r:  Does anyone here inject people for a living?  How easy is it to fuck up a jab like this?

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on April 10, 2021, 03:09:53 PM
I got my second shot, and I definitely felt the pinch a lot more.  Now I'm really wondering whether I got the first shot administered properly.  :ph34r:  Does anyone here inject people for a living?  How easy is it to fuck up a jab like this?

The only thing I can compare it to which I remember is a flu shot I got like a decade ago. Could barely feel the needle going in and was a bit confused it was over already. The covid jab was FAR more painful although again very brief. It depends on the person's skill I guess.

11B4V

Did they break the needle off in you? If they didn't, they didn't fuck the stick for something like this.... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Alberta announced today that health care workers are now eligible for the vaccine.

On the one hand that's great (Mrs B started a job working at a doctor's office part time so she qualifies), but on the other hand they're still nowhere near done with the last group they announced, so I'm not quite sure what they're doing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Maximus on April 10, 2021, 01:49:23 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 10, 2021, 09:28:49 AM
I live near the Salisbury site and apparently they're vaccinating anyone who comes in. I walked by there yesterday and there was no outdoor line, so next to no wait. If you know anyone who isn't able to get an appointment yet let them know. I believe Hogan even suggested the same thing.

Good to know, I'll let some of my friends know.  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

merithyn

My son is a phlebotomist so I asked him this. He said that pharmacists are the ones typically giving the shots, and they have minimal experience for the most part so they're not going to be nuanced. They can miss muscle and hit fatty tissue instead, move the needle to the side as it goes in so it tears more inner flesh than it needs to, etc.

For myself, the same pharmacist did both of my shots. The first one I barely noticed when it went in and came out but hurt a lot more over the next couple of days. The second one hurt both in and out but didn't hurt nearly as bad later that week.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

Thanks!  I guess my arm did hurt just a little some time after the first shot, so if it missed the muscle, it probably didn't miss completely.  Or maybe it was the second pharmacist/doctor that was the brute, and made it more painful than it needed to be.  Hopefully I'll get a fever tomorrow, so I'll feel more relaxed.