COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

DGuller

I'm still a little paranoid that my first and so far only shot wasn't effective.  You'd think a needle in the muscle would feel more than a slight pinch, and while my arm was mildly sore for a day or two, it wasn't anything that I would make note of if I didn't know to expect it.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on March 30, 2021, 10:39:57 AM
I'm still a little paranoid that my first and so far only shot wasn't effective.  You'd think a needle in the muscle would feel more than a slight pinch, and while my arm was mildly sore for a day or two, it wasn't anything that I would make note of if I didn't know to expect it.

I was very surprised how small the feeling was as well. Especially as flu shots usually hit me pretty hard.

This one was a tiny pinch and then nothing really of note. Granted I spent the rest of the day ripping sod up on the side of my house as we are redoing a big section of our backyard so if my arm was sore I didn't notice as everything was sore.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on March 30, 2021, 10:39:57 AM
That's normally what the flu vaccine is like for me so what I was expecting. I was very blase.

The most annoying thing was it knocked me out for a day and if something like that happens - or I feel unwell - I'll take the day and feel cosy at home. Be very lazy, eat comfort food, lie down on the sofa and watch TV etc. That didn't feel special given that it's all I've done for the last six months already thanks to covid <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

Today is peak immunity day for me - 2 weeks since my 2nd jab of the Pfizer.  I plan to return to licking doorknobs again.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: PDH on March 31, 2021, 09:43:26 AM
Today is peak immunity day for me - 2 weeks since my 2nd jab of the Pfizer.  I plan to return to licking doorknobs again.

The thoughts that went through my mind on this....

You're very lucky I'm a lady... for the most part. ;)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Get your mind out of the gutter....and back into the sewer where it belongs.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

Quote from: merithyn on March 31, 2021, 10:02:15 AM
Quote from: PDH on March 31, 2021, 09:43:26 AM

The thoughts that went through my mind on this....

You're very lucky I'm a lady... for the most part. ;)

:hmm: :hmm:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

Total aside but I was surprised that there was zero mention of it taking two weeks to get any sort of immunity when I got mine.

They had various questions at the start for the on-call doctor to review and clear the vaccine. And all of mine were easy - no allergies, no history of blood clotting or thinning medication, any other medications etc. Then they gave me the jab and that was about it.

They didn't explain that I wouldn't have any extra immunity for about 10 days which I think they probably should so people don't just start behaving as normal immediately after getting the vaccine :mellow: :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

As of yesterday people in the Lower Mainland (Basically greater Vancouver) aged 55-65 can get their jab.  I am less than a year of age off....

PDH

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 31, 2021, 10:38:46 AM
Total aside but I was surprised that there was zero mention of it taking two weeks to get any sort of immunity when I got mine.

They had various questions at the start for the on-call doctor to review and clear the vaccine. And all of mine were easy - no allergies, no history of blood clotting or thinning medication, any other medications etc. Then they gave me the jab and that was about it.

They didn't explain that I wouldn't have any extra immunity for about 10 days which I think they probably should so people don't just start behaving as normal immediately after getting the vaccine :mellow: :hmm:

Well we all know people do stuff wrong over there:  Drive on the left, calling elevators "cabbages" or something, waiting 9 months between doses of vaccine. 
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 31, 2021, 10:38:46 AM

Same here, and I was very surprised.  It seems like a very important piece of information to give to people.  I googled it for myself, but this isn't the kind of information people should be googling for.

crazy canuck

When Ms. CC got her jab she was told it could take up to three weeks before the shot would become fully effective - and even after that point, it was recommended to continue to comply with all COVID restrictions, because the vaccine is not 100% effective.

Caliga

I just got my second shot.  There were still troops at the place. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Got mine (AZ) about 40 minutes ago. Still alive, so so far so good.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.