COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Tamas

Yeah sounds good. :)

My grandma just got hers as well. I wanted to tell my dad to talk to the GP while he was there at grandma, see if his Russian spot is still free as it was silly to decline it, but I was late by the time I called the doctor was gone.  <_<

To be fair the GP (maybe just to be polite) considered my parents' concerns valid, especially due to my mother's various conditions he recommends Pfizer or Moderna, but of course told them he can't say when they will have the chance.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Austria: 4% fully immunized, 11% have received at least 1 shot.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Illinois will have vaccines available for every adult who wants one as of April 12th!!

:w00t: :yeah:  :showoff:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on March 19, 2021, 06:20:21 AM
Yeah sounds good. :)
Feel absolutely fine today. So basically the first 12 hours I was fine - just a bit of a sore arm. And then I got 24 hours of flu and then I'm fine again.

Yesterday was horrible though - and I had that very male desire to just moan about how ill I felt :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

24 hours after her Moderna shot my grandma is fine apart from her arm hurting a bit, but sadly at her age one more body part in pain barely registers. :)

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 19, 2021, 06:53:47 AM
Quebec is now 65+

Getting there.
with large corporations entering the fray, vaccination will definnately speed up now.  Govt goal was to reach 250k/week once we had the supplies and we're very close to that.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on March 20, 2021, 01:45:55 PM
24 hours after her Moderna shot my grandma is fine apart from her arm hurting a bit, but sadly at her age one more body part in pain barely registers. :)

Good news from Hungary delivered by Tamas. :blink:

:P

Just had my first shot of vaccine about 2 hours ago; very efficient process what with all of the volunteers etc.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

I just got my first jab, still waiting for my 15 minutes to be up.  The pinch felt so inconsequential that I'm now hoping for just a little side effects, or I'm going to wonder whether I actually got any vaccine where it needs to be.

Iormlund

Damn. You guys are going fast. I don't expect a shot before June, and I'm in the at-risk category. We're still vaccinating 80 year olds (though admittedly we have a lot of them).

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on March 20, 2021, 02:21:01 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 20, 2021, 01:45:55 PM

Good news from Hungary delivered by Tamas. :blink:

:P

Just had my first shot of vaccine about 2 hours ago; very efficient process what with all of the volunteers etc.   :bowler:

What? :P

Good news on your jab. I guess I am now looking at something like late May/early June at best.

DGuller

Quote from: Iormlund on March 20, 2021, 03:03:57 PM
Damn. You guys are going fast. I don't expect a shot before June, and I'm in the at-risk category. We're still vaccinating 80 year olds (though admittedly we have a lot of them).
We're definitely faster than most places not named Israel, but at the same time in New Jersey priorities are probably expanded too quickly.  It is very hard to book a vaccination appointment, and I think I got very lucky by stumbling upon them in a pharmacy two hours away at just the right time.  If it's very hard to book an appointment, then the government is probably not strict enough on priorities (not that anyone is actually checking, it's really up to your conscience whether you belong to eligible groups or not).

KRonn

Quote from: merithyn on March 19, 2021, 02:55:12 PM
Illinois will have vaccines available for every adult who wants one as of April 12th!!

Massachusetts is starting that soon also, not sure when. I saw that Vermont is also soon to start vaccinating all age groups.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on March 20, 2021, 06:27:08 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on March 20, 2021, 03:03:57 PM
We're definitely faster than most places not named Israel, but at the same time in New Jersey priorities are probably expanded too quickly.  It is very hard to book a vaccination appointment, and I think I got very lucky by stumbling upon them in a pharmacy two hours away at just the right time.  If it's very hard to book an appointment, then the government is probably not strict enough on priorities (not that anyone is actually checking, it's really up to your conscience whether you belong to eligible groups or not).

Same in New York - I was qualified as a school employee since I was a sports official. I was worried about how to "prove" that, since as an official we don't get a paystub, which was what I was told to bring on the website. So I got a bunch of cancelled checks from last year, my schedule from this year, a letter from our organization saying I was an official.

They didn't ask to see any of it. Just my ID to make sure I was who I said I was, and that was it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: KRonn on March 20, 2021, 09:15:24 PM
Quote from: merithyn on March 19, 2021, 02:55:12 PM

Massachusetts is starting that soon also, not sure when. I saw that Vermont is also soon to start vaccinating all age groups.

Isn't the population of Vermont like....500 people?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned