News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

KRonn

Quote from: Berkut on March 20, 2021, 09:29:58 PM
Quote from: KRonn on March 20, 2021, 09:15:24 PM
Quote from: merithyn on March 19, 2021, 02:55:12 PM
Illinois will have vaccines available for every adult who wants one as of April 12th!!

:w00t: :yeah:  :showoff:

Massachusetts is starting that soon also, not sure when. I saw that Vermont is also soon to start vaccinating all age groups.

Isn't the population of Vermont like....500 people?
Hehe, it is pretty small in pop, and I think they've had deaths numbered in the 200s which is obviously low compared to many other states. Same for Maine the last I heard the stats a while ago. Vermont is a very pretty state, wooded hills and some great skiing.

PDH

Quote from: Berkut on March 20, 2021, 09:29:58 PM
Quote from: KRonn on March 20, 2021, 09:15:24 PM
Quote from: merithyn on March 19, 2021, 02:55:12 PM
Illinois will have vaccines available for every adult who wants one as of April 12th!!

:w00t: :yeah:  :showoff:

Massachusetts is starting that soon also, not sure when. I saw that Vermont is also soon to start vaccinating all age groups.

Isn't the population of Vermont like....500 people?

That's Wyoming.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

Vermont has about 630k in population. I know this because it is 45 mins away from my house.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

So when are people's 'due' dates for the 2nd shot, assuming you've not already had it?

My 12 week gap here in the UK, means hopefully I'll have the 2nd by the 12th June. Still a long way off.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on March 21, 2021, 04:53:34 PM
So when are people's 'due' dates for the 2nd shot, assuming you've not already had it?

My 12 week gap here in the UK, means hopefully I'll have the 2nd by the 12th June. Still a long way off.
I think 8 June. Just under 12 weeks. Hopefully there'll be far fewer supply issues and we can finish all the second doses and keep getting new people done (I understand April is basically going to be mainly second doses).
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 21, 2021, 05:03:48 PM

I think 8 June. Just under 12 weeks. Hopefully there'll be far fewer supply issues and we can finish all the second doses and keep getting new people done (I understand April is basically going to be mainly second doses).

Oh that's good, I guess because you booked on-line?

I had to use the local doctors surgery to get anywhere sensible, so I'm reliant on them phoning or writing to me.

Sheilbh

Yeah. I booked online so chose the date and location for my first and second shot.

But I got sent so many texts about booking - which is a good thing :lol:

I actually booked because my mum told me she'd just booked hers and they'd invited the next group (which included me). But I got a text from my GP on the day I could book online, then a text from the central NHS booking service telling me I could book online or through their switchboard and then a text from my GP saying they had slots available in the next few days and that I could phone them to book.

That's all stopped now that I've actually got the jab. It reminds me of my mum hassling until I've actually bought tickets to visit them, even if I've said I would :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 21, 2021, 05:27:32 PM
Yeah. I booked online so chose the date and location for my first and second shot.

But I got sent so many texts about booking - which is a good thing :lol:

I actually booked because my mum told me she'd just booked hers and they'd invited the next group (which included me). But I got a text from my GP on the day I could book online, then a text from the central NHS booking service telling me I could book online or through their switchboard and then a text from my GP saying they had slots available in the next few days and that I could phone them to book.

That's all stopped now that I've actually got the jab. It reminds me of my mum hassling until I've actually bought tickets to visit them, even if I've said I would :lol:

The NHS is the nation's big Mum.  ;)

DGuller

Exactly three weeks after for me.  When I scheduled my vaccination, I was scheduled for two appointments right away.

Barrister

August-September.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

merithyn

April 5th. So it will have been four weeks between shots.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

As of this morning, 24% of Illinois has had the first jab. I think it's something like 15% or 16% that are fully vaccinated.

Starting to feel like we may be coming to the end of this mess... one hopes.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

State broadcaster ORF asked the Austrian states (they manage the vaccination campaigns) about when certain demographics could expect to receive their vaccinations.

According to current info Vienna plans to cover my group "starting June or July".

:bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

UCSC Health Center gave me and my team 1st and 2nd shots of the Pfizer already - two weeks apart (the Moderna people were 3 weeks apart).  On the 31st of this month I will be at "invincible" status.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM