COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

mongers

Monday I had my age group originated offer of vaccination letter, it's taken me till today to get a useful appointment, Saturday after next in the next small town 5 miles away.

Going through the NHS website or national phone-line, I was only being offered places at the large centres in the Bournemouth-Poole conurbation, which is much further away and I'd have to use public transport, something I'm trying to avoid because of vulnerable family members.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Initial vaccinations are going faster than anticipated.  The next group gets to start booking today, instead of waiting for Monday.  All good signs  :)

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 11, 2021, 02:01:45 AM
Dang, you go Finland. :cheers:

Heh, yeah. Must be too cold for the Covid.  ;)  That reminds me of the state of Maine which had very low rates early on. Not sure how they've fared over all now in the longer term.

crazy canuck

Mrs. CC gets her first jab tomorrow morning  :punk:

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

Montreal county is now at large 65+.

I might have to reconsider my september timeline.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Just got my first shot. Scheduled in April for the second one. I feel fine, so far no after affects.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 12, 2021, 02:13:16 PM

But for first shots only.

If they stick to a 4 month delay you might be looking at more like October before getting your second.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2021, 02:39:16 PM

If they stick to a 4 month delay you might be looking at more like October before getting your second.

Right, I'm always talking the 1st shot. 2nd doesn't really matter, imo.

Also, I expect for us young people (;)) that we'll get the J&J vaccine.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 12, 2021, 02:45:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2021, 02:39:16 PM

Right, I'm always talking the 1st shot. 2nd doesn't really matter, imo.

Also, I expect for us young people (;)) that we'll get the J&J vaccine.

Yeah, the protection comes with the first.  The second is not as relevant so long as it is taken in time to provide lasting protection.

DGuller

I scheduled my vaccination, the first dose is this Saturday.  I was so excited to find an open slot in Vineland, NJ that I didn't check where it was.  Turns out it's 125 miles away from where I am.  Oh, well, it's been a while since I took a road trip.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on March 16, 2021, 01:16:37 AM
I scheduled my vaccination, the first dose is this Saturday.  I was so excited to find an open slot in Vineland, NJ that I didn't check where it was.  Turns out it's 125 miles away from where I am.  Oh, well, it's been a while since I took a road trip.

My first dose is also this Saturday, 7 miles by bike up the road from here; fancy a virtual race?  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

And how the fuck did you jump the line?  :huh:

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 16, 2021, 02:21:10 AM

And how the fuck did you jump the line?  :huh:
I didn't jump the line.  In New Jersey, starting March 15, merely overweight are eligible for a vaccine.  I weigh in at 26 BMI, so I (barely) qualify.