COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Zanza

I got a haircut appointment on Friday. Almost as coveted as a vaccination appointment after two and a half months of lockdown.

Still not possible to book vaccination. 

Iormlund

Vaccine first, haircut later.

I've been trimming my hair for a year now.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on March 10, 2021, 12:38:49 PM
Vaccine first, haircut later.

I've been trimming my hair for a year now.

My semi annual haircut is something I have grown to love.

Sheilbh

I've decided to not trim my hair this lockdown and just let it grow - I am reaching the stage where I really need a hairband :ph34r:

But am very much looking forward to barbers re-opening in April.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 10, 2021, 02:19:58 PM
I've decided to not trim my hair this lockdown and just let it grow - I am reaching the stage where I really need a hairband :ph34r:

But am very much looking forward to barbers re-opening in April.

I have become uncomfortable with short hair now.  I much prefer it longer.  As does Mrs. CC since that was the state of my hair when we first met.  Others in my office, not so much.  I bug them that they are not in the army - their hair looks so much shorter to me now, but in truth they have always had their hair that short.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Barrister

I hate long hair - it gets in your eyes, plus it displays all my grey hair.

During the first lockdown we borrowed someone's clippers and I used that.

When they announced the fall lockdown starting in a couple of days I immediately went and got a nice short haircut that day to last me through.  Barbers and the like have been open again here since February.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on March 10, 2021, 04:03:04 PM
Finally I'm coming back in fashion
:lol:

Scarily if I brush my hair it naturaly falls into late-90s curtains :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

My brother managed to get his 1st dose today, as he just learned a couple of days ago that in Austria those that live in the same house than a pregnant woman are being prioritised. Given that my sister in law is due by the end of next week if he had been any slower he wouldn't be able to sneak in anymore.  :P

KRonn

I have an appointment this Friday for my 1st dose at a local site with the health care company I work for.  I didn't sign up early on, waited to see my doctor since I'm on blood thinners and wanted to get the ok. I figured the hospitals would have vaccines more and more, not less. So I missed out by a few weeks as they they ran out of vaccines and were only doing second shots. Some of the process and vaccines were shifted to mass vaccination sites in Massachusetts. I tried signing up at the State sites but they were either booked up or waiting on vaccines.

However, over the last couple of weeks the local hospital clinic at the office building I used to work at was open and doing vaccinations. They were out of vaccines when I first called so I waited as I was told that by April they expected to be going again. Then this week I got an email from someone I work with that the clinic had supplies, was open again. Called that morning and a couple hours later got a call back and an appointment.

Glad that I'm getting the shot soon, was wondering if I'd wind up waiting a few months or more for vaccine supplies to become more plentiful.

Syt

European Covid deaths per million, divided into 1st wave (till May) and second wave (from November).

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Syt

I meant to post this in the other Covid thread.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Liep on March 08, 2021, 02:23:51 PM
but maybe in late April.

With the latest "pause" of AstraZeneca vaccines because of likely unrelated deaths they have postponed that date to late May.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk