0 (0%)
7 (21.2%)
1 (3%)
10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 25, 2021, 12:07:02 PM
And I thought Canada had bad choices.

Voted for the only one that looked sane - third from the bottom (headscarf).

Reintegration with Spain was second choice.
I picked the one that looked like Justin Trudeau's Dutch cousin :P (4th one from the top).
No reason the Dutch get to experience good governance and sane politics while all the world is burning around them :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

I think you picked the crazier Nazi veep.

Maladict

Exit poll in, it is a lot more interesting.

VVD - 36 (+3)

D66 - 27 (+8)

PVV - 17 (-3)

CDA - 14 (-5)

GroenLinks - 8 (-6)

PvdA - 9 (0)

SP - 8 (-6)

ChristenUnie - 4 (-1)

PvdD - 5 (0)

50Plus - 1 (-3)

SGP - 3 (0)

Denk - 2 (-1)

FvD - 8 (+6)

Volt - 3 (+3)

JA21 - 3 (+3)

BBB - 1 (+1)

Bij1 - 1 (+1)

Turnout 81%

The left has been wiped out, and centrist D66 shoots into second place. Interesting coalition talks ahead.

Sheilbh

:o That is exciting.

Edit: Is SP missing?
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2021, 03:13:23 PM
:o That is exciting.

Edit: Is SP missing?

Yeah, couple of errors in there. Fixed now, and the exit poll typically has a +/- 2 margin of error.

edit: updated again

Sheilbh

Amazing thing is the decline of GroenLinks and SP but no recovery of PvdA. Ongoing death of the European left :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

I am fascinated that a party like the SGP exists in the Netherlands and that its vote share seems virtually unchanged in 100 years. Fundamentalist Calvinism just holding steady despite everything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2021, 06:13:18 PM
Amazing thing is the decline of GroenLinks and SP but no recovery of PvdA. Ongoing death of the European left :weep:

Yeah, I'm hoping it's to do with Covid anger and fear, but it does seem to be a larger trend.

That said, a lot of more rightwing parties have been peddling traditionally left themes, like raising minimum wage and worker protection.
So the traditional leftwing voice isn't as distinctive anymore. It's a nasty blow to climate goals, though.

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on March 18, 2021, 01:18:26 AM
I am fascinated that a party like the SGP exists in the Netherlands and that its vote share seems virtually unchanged in 100 years. Fundamentalist Calvinism just holding steady despite everything.

The bible belt is a real thing here :yes:

celedhring

Despite the best efforts of the Spanish left, overall the Iberian left still survives!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on March 18, 2021, 03:46:21 AM

Despite the best efforts of the Spanish left, overall the Iberian left still survives!

PCP is in real decline, and the leftists of BE are just useful idiots, of the PS though.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on March 18, 2021, 01:18:26 AM

I wonder if that party is the only openly religious/confessional political party in Europe. Or maybe some of the ones in Northern Ireland are analogous? :hmm:

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on March 18, 2021, 05:15:39 AM
I wonder if that party is the only openly religious/confessional political party in Europe. Or maybe some of the ones in Northern Ireland are analogous? :hmm:
I can't think of an equivalent - certainly not now.

The green/orange divide is broadly on religious lines but I don't think any of the parties are religious/confessional. Though there'll be differences about their attitudes - so the DUP are socially conservative and influenced by their Protestant roots while the Progressive Unionist Party is ideologically on the left. It's more like two competing nationalisms over the same tiny chunk of land with left and right within those nationalisms.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 18, 2021, 06:10:00 AM
Quote from: The Larch on March 18, 2021, 05:15:39 AM
I can't think of an equivalent - certainly not now.

The green/orange divide is broadly on religious lines but I don't think any of the parties are religious/confessional. Though there'll be differences about their attitudes - so the DUP are socially conservative and influenced by their Protestant roots while the Progressive Unionist Party is ideologically on the left. It's more like two competing nationalisms over the same tiny chunk of land with left and right within those nationalisms.

Also in the Netherlands, there is the islamo-leftist Denk party, in the Erdogan orbit, with a good dose of taqiya so not openly confessional.

Maladict

Very interesting analysis of young voters, almost none of them voted CDA, PvdA or SP.
Three traditional pillars of the old order, totally unable to connect with the new generations in a way VVD and D66 can.
Hopefully this will lead to some changes on the left, the merger of PvdA and GL would be a start.