News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

G Gordon Liddy is dead, aged 90

Started by Syt, March 31, 2021, 01:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I always thought that if America would have a dictator it would look something like G. Gordon Liddy.  I had to listen to Liddy's radio program because my driver's ed instructor had him on in the car.  While Liddy was a crazy fascist, I will give him credit that he was a smart crazy fascist.  I remember one of his listeners calling in claiming that Tom Clancy was the epitome of Modernist literature.  Liddy had to explain to the rube that "modernist" doesn't mean "Happened recently".
Unfortunately, many Americans are eager for a fascist and don't really care if he reads or not.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Liddy was a garden-variety thug who was good at selling thuggery as virtue.

He never saw anything wrong with breaking the law if doing so served his purposes.  Abiding by laws was for pussies in his world.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!