From the "Black People Arrest Themselves" files

Started by CountDeMoney, July 21, 2009, 05:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

QuoteBarack said he also is partial to Blue Moon

Wow I love that beer.  Good to see the Pres has good taste.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

It is good, but genuine hefeweizen is like 1,000 times better.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 11:37:49 AM

Well...yes it is a hefeweizen to drink when no hefeweizen is available or you are just being cheap.

But still I dig it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 11:37:49 AM

Blue Moon doesn't even try to be a Hefeweizen.  It's a Witbier :contract:  :nerd:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Oh.  It tastes like a hefeweizen to me (only not as good).  :blush:

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2009, 11:41:24 AM
Blue Moon doesn't even try to be a Hefeweizen.  It's a Witbier :contract:  :nerd:

They are different? :blush:

I thought Hefeweizen was....nevermind I um...yes I will just stop before my beer ignorance embarrases me further.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 11:42:03 AM
Oh.  It tastes like a hefeweizen to me (only not as good).  :blush:

Have you ever tried Hoegaarden?  Much better than Blue Moon (which ain't bad for an American witbier).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2009, 11:44:12 AM
I thought Hefeweizen was....nevermind I um...yes I will just stop before my beer ignorance embarrases me further.
I know the difference between witbier and hefeweizen, I just didn't realize Blue Moon is 'supposed' to be a witbier.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2009, 11:44:22 AMHave you ever tried Hoegaarden?  Much better than Blue Moon (which ain't bad for an American witbier).
Nein.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2009, 11:44:12 AM

Both are top-fermented, unfiltered wheat beers, but Hefeweizen typically used to refer to the specific German style.  Blue Moon is a Witbier/"Belgian White".

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2009, 11:49:18 AMBoth are top-fermented, unfiltered wheat beers, but Hefeweizen typically used to refer to the specific German style.  Blue Moon is a Witbier/"Belgian White".
IIRC the key difference with hefeweizen is the unique yeast used to brew it, similar to Belgian Lambic.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 11:45:55 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2009, 11:44:22 AMHave you ever tried Hoegaarden?  Much better than Blue Moon (which ain't bad for an American witbier).
Nein.

Du musst versuchen.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 11:51:52 AM
IIRC the key difference with hefeweizen is the unique yeast used to brew it, similar to Belgian Lambic.

That, plus the other flavorings they use-- coriander, orange peel, etc. (all of which are verboten in German brewing).