From the "Black People Arrest Themselves" files

Started by CountDeMoney, July 21, 2009, 05:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swallow

He  could then 'phone to check the ID.  But the policeman followed him into his house when he knew the guy was annoyed.  it's very odd.  Would you allow someone into your house you didn't know?
Quote from: Berkut on July 24, 2009, 02:28:46 PM
Quote from: swallow on July 24, 2009, 02:27:09 PM
He did keep asking for the policeman's ID

No, he never asked for the cops ID, he asked for his name and badge number so he could report him as a racist out to get black men in America.

At no point has Gates ever said or indicated he had any doubts about Crowleys identity as a police officer.

Christ, you are just making shit up at this point in some desperate attempt to excuse the guy.

Jaron

What do you expect derspiess? He'll go over to Africa , exclaim what a shithole the place is, and praise white people for enslaving them and bringing them to more civilized lands? :huh:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

Quote from: swallow on July 24, 2009, 02:33:20 PM
He  could then 'phone to check the ID.  But the policeman followed him into his house when he knew the guy was annoyed.  it's very odd.  Would you allow someone into your house you didn't know?

But he has never claimed he went inside to phone to check the officers ID. You are just making this up out of whole cloth.

The cop followed him because that is what he was supposed to do, I imagine. As has been pointed out, at that point the cop has no idea who this person is, if he is a criminal, if there are others in the house who could be victims, or any idea what is actually going on. Following him into the house was likely exactly the right thing to do.

If you are going to claim it is "odd" or not the right thing to do, please cite some kind of evidence that police officers should not do that under those circumstances.

And ditch the "Gates didn't know if he was a cop!" angle. Not even Gates is stupid enough to try to sell that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on July 24, 2009, 02:35:25 PM
What do you expect derspiess? He'll go over to Africa , exclaim what a shithole the place is, and praise white people for enslaving them and bringing them to more civilized lands? :huh:

Not being a revisionist Pan-African nationalist does not require you to embrace that idea.  It is possible to have sane ideas you know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 24, 2009, 02:29:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2009, 02:20:54 PM
Levar Burton (aka Geordi Laforge) did something similar on PBS back in the 90s, where he went to see Timbuktu, which turned out to be a major shithole but he nonetheless rationalized it into something great.  IIRC, that was the episode (can't remember the series name) where he admired some structure as a "feat of African engineering".  Heh.

I assume you're talking about Reading Rainbow? :huh:

No, this was a different show.  The more I think of it, it may actually have been Gates's show  :blush:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on July 24, 2009, 02:31:02 PM
He is an eminent professor of blackosity at Harvard. It is simply not conceivable that he could lie about his racial oppression.

This isn't about him, it is about all the lesser blacks, you know.

Heh.  :D

Actually, I have a bit of sympathy for the Prof, at least initially. He's a hot-head no doubt, and who hasn't said stuff they later regret in the heat of annoyance?

Thing is, the cop's career is now on the line, in part because of his lies. That I find harder to excuse.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2009, 02:38:14 PM
Quote from: Jaron on July 24, 2009, 02:35:25 PM

Not being a revisionist Pan-African nationalist does not require you to embrace that idea.  It is possible to have sane ideas you know.

My problem is when Africans look to find pride in Africa - the homeland a great many of them were separated from, a lot of people in the western world slap crazy labels on them as if its sinful they should forsake their birthland for the cultural achievements of their people.

swallow

@ Berkut The officer said he heard him use words like 'chief' and such on the 'phone.  I suspect we'll find the policeman and witness were lurvers (or perhaps a menage a trois since she is a neighbour) and they set this all up so they can sell the film rights

Berkut

Quote from: Malthus on July 24, 2009, 02:38:37 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 24, 2009, 02:31:02 PM
He is an eminent professor of blackosity at Harvard. It is simply not conceivable that he could lie about his racial oppression.

This isn't about him, it is about all the lesser blacks, you know.

Heh.  :D

Actually, I have a bit of sympathy for the Prof, at least initially. He's a hot-head no doubt, and who hasn't said stuff they later regret in the heat of annoyance?

Thing is, the cop's career is now on the line, in part because of his lies. That I find harder to excuse.

Yeah, if he had come out the next day and said "You know, in refelction, my actions and words yesterday towards Officer Crowley were ill-considered and unfair. I would like to apologize for being a giant asshole." I would have quite a bit of respect for him. People lose their cool all the time, I know I have.

But to follow up acting like a complete asshole by doubling down on your assholishness by demanding the OTHER guy crawl to you for an apology? Fuck him, he is scum.

0 rows returned

Jaron

It sounds like a grumbler vs Berkut fight to me. ^_^

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on July 24, 2009, 02:43:44 PM
:lol:

A scrap-up between a black man and an Irishman is always going to end with blood all over the floor. ^_^
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

QuoteGates' legal team argues that authorities are misrepresenting the professor and the officer, and Gates has said he is determined to keep the issue alive despite the charges being dropped.

"This is not about me; this is about the vulnerability of black men in America," he said this week.

Ogletree said Gates may bring forward people who say they've had similar experiences with Crowley.

When asked for examples, Ogletree said only that they may come out in time depending on how the police department handles the situation moving forward.

"I think you will be hearing much more complex and different perspective on him [Crowley] in the coming days and weeks," Ogletree said, alleging that Crowley "is well-known among people, particularly young people, for some of his police practices."

Gates has no immediate plans to file a lawsuit against the department, the attorney said. Ogletree had said earlier Gates might sue the police
:lol: Classy.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 02:44:32 PM
Quote from: Jaron on July 24, 2009, 02:43:44 PM
:lol:

A scrap-up between a black man and an Irishman is always going to end with blood all over the floor. ^_^

Am I the black man or the irishman?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 02:46:00 PM
QuoteGates' legal team argues that authorities are misrepresenting the professor and the officer, and Gates has said he is determined to keep the issue alive despite the charges being dropped.

"This is not about me; this is about the vulnerability of black men in America," he said this week.

Ogletree said Gates may bring forward people who say they've had similar experiences with Crowley.

When asked for examples, Ogletree said only that they may come out in time depending on how the police department handles the situation moving forward.

"I think you will be hearing much more complex and different perspective on him [Crowley] in the coming days and weeks," Ogletree said, alleging that Crowley "is well-known among people, particularly young people, for some of his police practices."

Gates has no immediate plans to file a lawsuit against the department, the attorney said. Ogletree had said earlier Gates might sue the police
:lol: Classy.

Hey Gates told him that he should not be messing with him - gotta follow through on a threat like that, and what better way to follow through on the race card threat than to threaten to dredge up some more people who will call him a racist...if necessaty, of course.

Because this is about Gates protecting the lesser black men of America. Like garbon.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on July 24, 2009, 02:40:43 PM
My problem is when Africans look to find pride in Africa - the homeland a great many of them were separated from, a lot of people in the western world slap crazy labels on them as if its sinful they should forsake their birthland for the cultural achievements of their people.

I think there are ways of celebrating Africa without going all Nazi about it and claiming the glorious achievements of the Black Race surpass all others.

Besides the main reason people slap crazy labels on them is because they tend to go about it as ignorantly as the white people who dress up like Kilts and think their ancestral Scotland is stil like Braveheart or who give money to the IRA.  Somebody who knows alot about Africa and is interested in it for its own sake...well that is just called being interested in your heritage and that is different.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."