Languish votes in the Catalan election (Take 2)

Started by celedhring, January 29, 2021, 01:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote for?

11 (33.3%)
2 (6.1%)
1 (3%)
6 (18.2%)
1 (3%)
3 (9.1%)
5 (15.2%)
0 (0%)
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

The Larch

Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2021, 02:07:42 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 29, 2021, 02:00:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2021, 01:58:26 PM
So I always try to pick out the non-crazy right winger, but when you throw nationalist politics it makes it more difficult.

I'm gonna go with 3rd from the bottom.

The sharp-dressed black dude? Now that one's a riot  :lol:

I was going to say "the black guy", but this being Spain I figured his skin tone wasn't outside the range of what you might expect... :unsure:

Nope, it is outside the normal range, although that's getting into slightly dodgy territory. In that guy's case there's no argument, as he's actually half African (his mother is from Equatorial Guinea, a former Spanish colony).

Tonitrus

So I always try to pick out the non-crazy right winger, but when you throw nationalist politics it makes it more difficult.

I have a rule that my trust in a politician scales lower in proportion to how close their collar line above the tie is to the horizontal.

Barrister

So I image-searched the pic and read up on the guy.

[spoiler]Is he a riot just because he's a black guy in a far-right nationalist party, or is there more to it than that?[/spoiler]
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2021, 02:58:17 PM

[spoiler]Is he a riot just because he's a black guy in a far-right nationalist party, or is there more to it than that?[/spoiler]

The guy himself is rather vanilla, it is just that indeed [spoiler]he's the (joint) first ever Spaniard of African descent to be elected to national office (he's a Spanish MP), and he did so while standing for a far right anti-immigration party. He's their "we're not racist!" card[/spoiler]

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on January 29, 2021, 03:02:51 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2021, 02:58:17 PM

The guy himself is rather vanilla

heh
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I am voting for the party I usually support...thus kind of breaking the rules of these polls but Ced has made me too well informed about Catalan Regional politics :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on January 29, 2021, 03:17:15 PM
I am voting for the party I usually support...thus kind of breaking the rules of these polls but Ced has made me too well informed about Catalan Regional politics :P

Kind of?

You know the rules - you must vote for the hottest pic, and just hope he or she is not a Nazi.  :contract:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

There was a time the party I support and the hottest politician was the same person :weep:

I miss Inés  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on January 29, 2021, 03:27:38 PM
There was a time the party I support and the hottest politician was the same person :weep:

I miss Inés  :(

Well, she was kicked upstairs and now she's the head of the party (or at least what remains of it) nationally.

Now there were some nasty party shenanigans involved in choosing the Catalan candidate. The Ciudadanos primary voters, in all their wisdom, chose this:

However she was, to be frank, not a very good parlamentarian and given they were cratering in the polls she was "invited" to resign and the party establishment kinda forced the current candidate. It was kinda ugly and that girl ultimately left the party and is now #2 in Incel guy's list.

Incel guy is probably the most Barrister-y candidate, but I played dirty and chose a picture without a tie in order to confound him  :sleep:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Voted for scarf lady.

Gave some thought to back lit smiling blonde lady but something about her gave me the creeps.

Iormlund

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 29, 2021, 05:26:32 PM
Gave some thought to back lit smiling blonde lady but something about her gave me the creeps.

Good instinct.

Admiral Yi

celedhring

Smiling lady is far more palatable than scarf lady.