Languish votes in the Catalan election (Take 2)

Started by celedhring, January 29, 2021, 01:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote for?

11 (33.3%)
2 (6.1%)
1 (3%)
6 (18.2%)
1 (3%)
3 (9.1%)
5 (15.2%)
0 (0%)
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

celedhring

There are so many parties running in this one that some of those twitter accounts have really struggled to find a veggie for everyone, but broccoli for Vox is surely inspired, I have the same appetite for both veggie and party.  :yuk:

Pineapple for CUP I don't really get.

The Larch

celedhring

Suppose so... the yellow party has always been ERC for me.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on February 14, 2021, 09:53:02 AM
Suppose so... the yellow party has always been ERC for me.

What are they using for ERC nowadays, then?

Admiral Yi

celedhring

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2021, 09:57:20 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 14, 2021, 09:47:29 AM
Well, they're the purple party, after all. It's either that or beets.  :P

Grapes?

Could be, but for some reason the only fruit they commonly use is oranges for Ciudadanos.

Now that I think of it, PP always uses blue, which is awfully difficult to associate to a fruit or veggie.  :lol:

celedhring

Yeah, I've always felt bad for PP, which are usually "water" instead of something like blueberries.

Nah, I lie, no possible way I'd feel bad for PP.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on February 14, 2021, 10:01:05 AMYeah, I've always felt bad for PP, which are usually "water" instead of something like blueberries.

They can get away with it using fish, although it breaks a bit the theme.

Admiral Yi

celedhring

Yes. They have risen a lot, but "just" to 5% of the census (from something like 1-1.5). We don't have such a tradition of mail vote compared to i.e. the US.

celedhring

Exit polls have indeed separatists expanding their majority (they differ on the size of it) but both have ERC (the less crazy ones) winning within that camp. The Socdems would win the election in % of votes but might finish second in seats, due to how they are adjudicated.

Will see how the count goes.

celedhring

97% reporting. Not much will change unless the remaining vote and the overseas vote breaks heavily to one party or the other, which won't be the case when there's like 1000000000000 parties running.

Socdems narrowly win the election (33 seats), but pro-independence parties gain a 2 seats overall. However, the current ruling coalition loses one (65 out of 135) and will have to reach out to CUP, who are clinically insane. Looks like ERC, which are the more moderate of the big independence parties  will get to lead the government, but their margin is rather slim, and it will probably be a fractious and unstable government. When you add up all the separatist microparties (christ, there's loads of those) they get to 51% of the vote, but falls to a little over 48% if you remove the "yeah we want independence but we'll be happy with just more money" party. Vox gets a great result (11 seats), the other conservative unionist parties crashed and burned.

Turnout has been 53%, lowest ever.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on February 14, 2021, 05:13:10 PM"yeah we want independence but we'll be happy with just more money" party.

Which one is that, PDeCat? It's hard to keep track of all the splinters of the old Convergencia.  :P