News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Have you had COVID and what was it like?

Started by Grinning_Colossus, January 22, 2021, 08:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How bad was it?

I had an asymptomatic case
1 (3%)
Very mild. I coughed like once and was over it
0 (0%)
It felt like a cold or a mild flu
3 (9.1%)
It was equivalent to a nasty flu
0 (0%)
I should probably have gone to the hospital
1 (3%)
I was hospitalized
0 (0%)
I was put on a ventilator
0 (0%)
As far as I know, I haven't gotten it
28 (84.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

celedhring

Grinning_Colossus

That was an oversight. Let us know if you died.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Caliga

I voted asymptomatic.  My wife had it and I was exposed to her for over a week before she started showing symptoms from when we know she was exposed.  I find it very hard to believe I wouldn't have contracted it, but I did not get tested.

If I was her I'd vote "I should probably have gone to the hospital" as her case was pretty bad.  My brother had covid too and for him, I'd probably vote the same thing.... and his wife was also totally asymptomatic.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on January 22, 2021, 09:07:39 AM
I voted asymptomatic.  My wife had it and I was exposed to her for over a week before she started showing symptoms from when we know she was exposed.  I find it very hard to believe I wouldn't have contracted it, but I did not get tested.

If I was her I'd vote "I should probably have gone to the hospital" as her case was pretty bad.  My brother had covid too and for him, I'd probably vote the same thing.... and his wife was also totally asymptomatic.
I think some people manage to not get it from their spouse, it's one of the mysteries.

The Brain

I had something in spring which didn't feel like a cold. Just sore throat and some coughing. Very mild symptoms, a normal year I would hardly have registered it. I treated it like Covid-19 when it came to isolation etc, but I was never tested.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

AFAIK, I haven't had it.

Health authorities asked that my daughter get tested. She had no symptoms & obviously tested negative. Visiting the testing center was my closest exposition to the disease.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

The likelihood is low but I strongly suspect I had it early last year before the UK started taking it seriously. For sure I had something that messed up my breathing severely (couldn't even walk without being out of breath), made my gf lose her sense of taste and smell, knocked my mam off work for a few days, etc...
No proof it actually was corona however.
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

I have been tested three times, and they all came back negative.  So far  :ph34r:

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on January 22, 2021, 09:19:38 AM
I think some people manage to not get it from their spouse, it's one of the mysteries.
I guess... but in my brother's case it's just not believable his wife didn't get it.  He got it from his son (who tested positive too but was asymptomatic).  Their son is 3 and is constantly climbing over them and everything else, drooling on everyone and everything, etc.

Iormlund

Quote from: Tyr on January 22, 2021, 09:27:02 AM
The likelihood is low but I strongly suspect I had it early last year before the UK started taking it seriously. For sure I had something that messed up my breathing severely (couldn't even walk without being out of breath), made my gf lose her sense of taste and smell, knocked my mam off work for a few days, etc...
No proof it actually was corona however.

If your gf lost taste and smell likelihood is actually very high.

While not everyone infected loses those senses, those who do overwhelmingly test positive.

celedhring

Neither me or anyone in my close family got it (that we know of).

I have 3 friends that had it (and ultimately, everyone in their household was infected). One was asymptomatic, one had a nasty flu equivalent, and the other had a "should've gone to the hospital" case (but this was April and hospitals were overloaded). He lost 9 Kg during the illness.

Caliga

Oh, also, my cousin's wife's great aunt, as well as a friend of mine's stepfather, have both died from it.