News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Have you had COVID and what was it like?

Started by Grinning_Colossus, January 22, 2021, 08:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How bad was it?

I had an asymptomatic case
1 (3%)
Very mild. I coughed like once and was over it
0 (0%)
It felt like a cold or a mild flu
3 (9.1%)
It was equivalent to a nasty flu
0 (0%)
I should probably have gone to the hospital
1 (3%)
I was hospitalized
0 (0%)
I was put on a ventilator
0 (0%)
As far as I know, I haven't gotten it
28 (84.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Iormlund

For the longest time I suspected I had it in February. Fever, persistent cough, fatigue, so sore a throat I could barely sleep.

However my boss got similar if milder symptoms back then and when he got the real thing in November it messed him up pretty badly. He's still barely functioning.

Darth Wagtaros

Some of my relatives have had it. Oddly enough, it was my 30something cousins who got it the worst. They were bedridden for two weeks. Although having three very yuoung children would probably do that anyway.

My brother in law's family out in Morocco got it, like the whole extended family.  Nobody really sick but the lack of smell and taste was very offputting. Which I imagine it would be. 
PDH!

ulmont

Quote from: DGuller on January 22, 2021, 09:19:38 AM
I think some people manage to not get it from their spouse, it's one of the mysteries.

I managed not to get it from my spouse.  We slept in the same bed while she was coughing up a storm, so I have no idea.

...I wouldn't believe it except that I have multiple negative antibody tests.

Barrister

My wife tested positive.  Totally asymptomatic.

I was tested twice, both negative.  Up until her positive test we shared the same bed and everything.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

CB and I both did.  In both our cases the symptoms were mild, a day of headaches and a couple days with a chest cold.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Crazy_Ivan80

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on January 22, 2021, 09:19:38 AM
Quote from: Caliga on January 22, 2021, 09:07:39 AM
I voted asymptomatic.  My wife had it and I was exposed to her for over a week before she started showing symptoms from when we know she was exposed.  I find it very hard to believe I wouldn't have contracted it, but I did not get tested.

If I was her I'd vote "I should probably have gone to the hospital" as her case was pretty bad.  My brother had covid too and for him, I'd probably vote the same thing.... and his wife was also totally asymptomatic.
I think some people manage to not get it from their spouse, it's one of the mysteries.

There was a case in Hong Kong where the husband didn't get it from his wife. 

Turns out the husband had a, hmm, male friend.  The husband and wife rarely saw each other. 

11B4V

Back in mid December two of my officers hospitalized. One of them was touch and go for a bit. They are still recovering. Six others, mild symptoms.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on January 22, 2021, 06:11:41 PM
Back in mid December two of my officers hospitalized. One of them was touch and go for a bit. They are bother still recovering. Six others, mild symptoms.

Yeah, it's not flu, as of yet we don't know how long the consequences last; how long might long covid prove to be?

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on January 22, 2021, 06:16:40 PM
Back in mid December two of my officers hospitalized. One of them was touch and go for a bit. They are bother still recovering. Six others, mild symptoms.

Yeah, it's not flu, as of yet we don't know how long the consequences last; how long might long covid prove to be?

I don't know how bother got in there. Fixed it.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on January 22, 2021, 06:19:50 PM

:D

B4V I got what you meant,  I wasn't picking you up on the typo, after all I'm not that Languish, I think I even have a real life somewhere?  :unsure:

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on January 22, 2021, 06:37:02 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 22, 2021, 06:19:50 PM

:D

B4V I got what you meant,  I wasn't picking you up on the typo, after all I'm not that Languish, I think I even have a real life somewhere?  :unsure:

;)

mongers