Purple Monkey Dishwasher (was 2024 Election joke thread)

Started by Barrister, January 20, 2021, 01:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Too soon?

Yes, who am I kidding - of course it's too soon (although I note Trump did not, as he threatened to, announce his 2024 campaign today).

Instead, here's a stock photo of some cute puppies for your enjoyment.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

There should be a US Election-2022 thread first.  :mad:

Valmy

Yang 2024?

Though I hope he will be serving as Mayor of New York by that point :hmm:

It will be another open election like 2016. I hope the Democrats don't try to present Kamala as the heir apparent and have a real race.

The Republicans are going to do something horrifying I am sure. I would like to think this will be a return to normalcy for them but without a rather unlikely Democratic sweep in 2022 I bet we have Trumpists and people who think the other Trumpists are not Trumpist enough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

There is a very real possibility that Kamala will be the sitting president. Would the Democrats pick someone else in that situation?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2021, 02:02:40 PM
It will be another open election like 2016. I hope the Democrats don't try to present Kamala as the heir apparent and have a real race.

Unless Harris turns out to be a disaster as Veep, the Dem nominee in 2024 will be either Biden or Harris.  It will not be an "open" election.

celedhring

So, are we taking for granted Biden won't run for reelection? I believe the dems will try to set up a Harris coronation if that's indeed the case.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on January 20, 2021, 02:09:00 PM
There is a very real possibility that Kamala will be the sitting president. Would the Democrats pick someone else in that situation?
Probably not... it's very rare for a sitting Prezidizzle to be primaried.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on January 20, 2021, 02:13:00 PM
So, are we taking for granted Biden won't run for reelection? I believe the dems will try to set up a Harris coronation if that's indeed the case.

He already said he would be a one term President I thought. He wants to be a bridge to the next generation of Democratic leaders.

Not sure if the rank and file Democrats are as eager for that next generation to be Kamala Harris as he is :P

But we'll see. The party proclaiming the person Democrats should vote for still carries a ton of weight in the party, as you can see how things went once Jim Clyburn announced that Biden should be the guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on January 20, 2021, 01:54:12 PM
Too soon?

Yes, who am I kidding - of course it's too soon (although I note Trump did not, as he threatened to, announce his 2024 campaign today).

Instead, here's a stock photo of some cute puppies for your enjoyment.

Kick rocks.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Biden never committed himself either way.  But he will be 82 at this time in 4 years.  But I suspect if he feels up for it in 2023 he might consider it.

Malthus

Joe Exotic!

Proposed slogan: "You've done worse".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

So, are we taking for granted Biden won't run for reelection?
Biden is still pretty young for a Democratic politician, so you never know.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 20, 2021, 02:16:47 PM

Biden never committed himself either way.  But he will be 82 at this time in 4 years.  But I suspect if he feels up for it in 2023 he might consider it.

Oh? I thought he had.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on January 20, 2021, 02:17:27 PM
So, are we taking for granted Biden won't run for reelection?
Biden is still pretty young for a Democratic politician, so you never know.

:weep:

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on January 20, 2021, 02:16:18 PM
Kick rocks.

I meant this as a joke thread (hence the puppies).  I'm kind of surprised people actually want to discuss the topic.

I'll probably rename the thread title to something inane in a bit to let it die.