News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Did I miss anything?

Started by Jacob, January 07, 2021, 10:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on January 07, 2021, 10:59:23 AM
On the personal front, I retired from teaching for several weeks between the end of the last school year and being asked to come back to teach one course of my choice per semester, which I agreed to.  Things are good.

That sounds alright :cheers:

Did you go back for the students, because you were getting bored, some other reason?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 07, 2021, 11:53:13 AM
Grumbler died but never stopped posting.  :ph34r:

I'm not dead yet! 

I feel happy! I feel happy!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 07, 2021, 10:59:40 AM
Uh, uh, stuff.

I gave in & hired a contractor to finish my bathroom. My father passed away. My kids got older, we bought bras for the daughter.

Kids do that. How many do you have? 2? 3?

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2021, 11:08:31 AM
We've had a few likely deaths.

Weird. I mean, it makes sense, but weird too.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on January 07, 2021, 12:25:25 PM

That sounds alright :cheers:

Did you go back for the students, because you were getting bored, some other reason?

The new Covid restrictions meant that they needed smaller class sizes, so that's why they wanted me.  I took it because the load was light and the courses and students are fun to teach.  I don't belong to any committees, have any admin responsibilities, no study halls... it's all gain, no pain.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on January 07, 2021, 11:15:17 AM
After shitting on Vancouver for most of my life, I've now moved to BC  :P

(Not Vancouver though. Kelowna)

Awesome! :cheers:

Once this plague is under control we should meet up. We've been talking about going to the Okanagan this summer, assuming travel is okay by then.

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on January 07, 2021, 11:41:07 AM
So, what's new with you, Jacob? :)

We doubled the number of children in the household. Other than that not much. I mean, lots of little everyday things of various flavours but nothing that really stands out.

Jacob

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2021, 12:12:37 PM
I'm not sure if exciting is the word, but I got married. :hmm:

I hope it was exciting at least for a little while  :lol:

Anyways, I'm a hopeless romantic so I'm pretty excited for you. Congrats: :hug:

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on January 07, 2021, 12:12:57 PM
How long has it been? :unsure:
Me.... Bought a house, lived through the starting salvo of the end of the UK, kid on the way, dog and travel plans delayed, rediscovered tangerines.

A little over two years I think... when I click on a thread and go to the last unread post they seem to be from around Nov 2018 or so.

Congratulations on the house and the soon to be parenthood. Where's the house?

Jacob

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on January 07, 2021, 12:31:08 PM
The new Covid restrictions meant that they needed smaller class sizes, so that's why they wanted me.  I took it because the load was light and the courses and students are fun to teach.  I don't belong to any committees, have any admin responsibilities, no study halls... it's all gain, no pain.

That does sound pretty sweet :)

Syt

Quote from: Jacob on January 07, 2021, 12:33:24 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 07, 2021, 11:41:07 AM
So, what's new with you, Jacob? :)

We doubled the number of children in the household. Other than that not much. I mean, lots of little everyday things of various flavours but nothing that really stands out.

Congratulations on the continued procreation :cheers:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on January 07, 2021, 12:47:54 PM
Congratulations on the continued procreation :cheers:

Lockdown with kids gets pretty intense at times, but thank you :)