News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How will Trump go?

Started by The Larch, January 06, 2021, 06:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you think Trump will leave the presidency?

Impeachment
1 (4.3%)
25th amendment
2 (8.7%)
Not until the 20th of January
18 (78.3%)
Something else (describe)
1 (4.3%)
He'll somehow pull it off and won't leave
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

garbon

Maybe he can go play golf.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2021, 04:03:28 AM
Maybe he can go play golf.

Isn't he supposed to fly to Scotland the day before?

Although that might not be good news: Orban has always stayed away from Parliament when the most outrageous bills of his were voted on.

Solmyr

Scotland has denied him entry on that day, I think.

Sheilbh

I don't know if we've gone that far but the Scottish government have explained that traveling to a gold resort is not essential travel and could be in breach of the covid regulations :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 07, 2021, 04:01:03 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 07, 2021, 03:59:23 AM
I am really curious what will happen on transition day. I have an image of him being very literally evicted.
Part of me wonders if he'll do a rally at the same time :hmm:
Right.  If he has his way this is what he'll do.  He needs to be the center of attention at all times and he'll be jealous of Biden having his day in the sun, so he'll want to hold an opposing rally someplace where he'll denounce the election for the millionth time and tell his deranged fans that he's still the legit President.

After yesterday I'm not sure if he'll actually be able to do that again. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Solmyr

And then the crazies at the rally will march on Biden's inauguration ceremony and attack it while the police look on.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Solmyr on January 07, 2021, 09:39:40 AM
And then the crazies at the rally will march on Biden's inauguration ceremony and attack it while the police look on.

The police won't just look on.
They'll tear gas and beat Biden's supporters and shoot Kamela Harris in the back for "resisting arrest".
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on January 06, 2021, 07:39:06 PM
Can impeachment be fast-tracked, if there is a will?  Let's say that Trump came out and said that there was no election fraud, and now all the Trumptards call him a RINO and call for his impeachment.  Can they finish all the proceedings in a day if they wanted to, or are there minimum statutory delays?
The trial and all the pageantry is just tradition.  They house could pasa it in hours and the sebate choose to vote up and down on it immediately if they wanted
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 07, 2021, 10:30:03 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 06, 2021, 07:39:06 PM
Can impeachment be fast-tracked, if there is a will?  Let's say that Trump came out and said that there was no election fraud, and now all the Trumptards call him a RINO and call for his impeachment.  Can they finish all the proceedings in a day if they wanted to, or are there minimum statutory delays?
The trial and all the pageantry is just tradition.  They house could pasa it in hours and the sebate choose to vote up and down on it immediately if they wanted

They'd need a Republican vote in the Senate, since Harris doesn't take over until the 20th.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on January 07, 2021, 10:52:13 PM
They'd need a Republican vote in the Senate, since Harris doesn't take over until the 20th.

Might they get one? Say Romney?

The Minsky Moment

Still need 2/3 to convict in the Senate. Not going to happen.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 07, 2021, 10:57:19 PM
Still need 2/3 to convict in the Senate. Not going to happen.

He probably saved himself with that surrender video.

The Minsky Moment

Obvious how it plays out. Mitch says that such serious charges require serious consideration and it isn't possible to schedule a trial in less then 2 weeks.  Biden gets inaugurated and tells Nancy and Chuck to shut it down and deprive the orange bastard of the oxygen of the news cycle.

the only possible driver would be genuine feat that Trump will do something horribly destructive in the next 13 days.  Trump's hostage video seems to have filled its purpose of providing sufficient hope he will just sit on his ass and shut up the rest of the way. or at least a leafy enough fig for Gopcowards.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

That leaves open the possibility of him running again though  :glare:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

I'm still hoping that a lot of Republicans are happy to kick Trump while he's down, as long as they can be sure that they can kick him to death.  A lot of them are probably horrified at the thought of being held hostage to him indefinitely, just like they have been the last four years.  However, if Republicans do turn on him, they'll only do so if they can do so nearly unanimously.  It will either be 92-7 or Democrats with Mitch again.