Purple Monkey Dishwasher (was 2024 Election joke thread)

Started by Barrister, January 20, 2021, 01:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

When he is 82? Dear God. I hope not.

Not even you would want a status quo that old.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2021, 10:00:59 PM
The dynasty thing is stupid enough by itself, so why only the last five?

The whole idea is people need to stay away from politics.

But somebody has to do it.  Best case scenario is there is a royal family who will take care of things. 

Since there is no royal family in the US, the best substitute is several distinguished families. 

I don't want the list to be too long.  If you keep adding families to the list, eventually you'll end up covering everybody anyway. 

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2021, 10:01:21 PM
When he is 82? Dear God. I hope not.

Not even you would want a status quo that old.

I have no problem with a Head of State/Government who is 82. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on March 29, 2021, 10:46:53 PM
Since there is no royal family in the US, the best substitute is several distinguished families. 

Out of all the elitist blue blooded fancy pants families in the US and you want us to keep electing the Trumps? Geez.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2021, 11:01:28 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 29, 2021, 10:46:53 PM

Out of all the elitist blue blooded fancy pants families in the US and you want us to keep electing the Trumps? Geez.

Personally I hate Trump and I don't want to see his face or hear his words again for the rest of my life.

But rules are rules.  Trump is on the list. 

PS

QuoteJoe Biden says he expects to run for reelection in 2024

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/25/2024-presidential-election-joe-biden-expects-to-run-for-reelection.html

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on March 29, 2021, 09:44:26 PM
I'm sure there is a family with many special scions missing from this list. :unsure:

Kardashian? About as dignified as 45.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on March 29, 2021, 11:04:21 PM
PS

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/25/2024-presidential-election-joe-biden-expects-to-run-for-reelection.html

Jesus fucking Christ Joe. You will be doing well if you live until the end of your first term.

Monoriu

Mahathir served as Prime Minister of Malaysia when he was like 94.  80-something is no big deal :contract:

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2021, 10:00:59 PM
The dynasty thing is stupid enough by itself, so why only the last five?

I know. What about say the Roosevelts? Lots of them running around both of the Franklin and Teddy variety.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2021, 11:16:20 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 29, 2021, 11:04:21 PM
PS

Jesus fucking Christ Joe. You will be doing well if you live until the end of your first term.
Technically, he's 79% likely to survive his first term.  Actually, given that he survived the first two months, it's probably a touch higher than 79% now.

Eddie Teach

How do you arrive at that figure? If it's from looking at all men his age, it doesn't factor in the significant chance of assassination.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 30, 2021, 12:31:29 AM
How do you arrive at that figure? If it's from looking at all men his age, it doesn't factor in the significant chance of assassination.

Not to mention his very stressful job.

DGuller

You can go deep into the rabbit hole of cherrypicking all the positive and negative factors.  The 79% figure was taken from basic information, such as his age, sex, race, and education level.  In aggregate, I would say that he has a lot more positive factors than negative factors.  The big positive factor that trumps probably everything else is that he must be in a much better health than the average person his age, and with access to much better healthcare.  Joe probably doesn't have to worry about falling the shower and waiting for a day until someone realizes he needs to be checked up on.